This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: How to translate microwidget texts in The7 theme

Solution: Those micro widgets values are saved as options in wp_options table and to translate these values please follow the below steps: 1) Now go to string translation and click on "Translate text to admin screens » In the bottom left of the page. 2) Load the page completely, search for "- the7dtchild" and click it. 3) Now search for "header-elements-text" inside the7dtchild and check it 4) Go the bottom of the page and click apply. 5) Wait until the page shows "The string selected can now be translated from the Translation screen" text 6) Once this shows up, go to string translation and translate the strings

Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/#admin_texts

This topic contains 17 replies, has 11 voices.

Last updated by tomAsC-9 2 years, 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
February 22, 2017 at 3:49 pm #1214828

kaitiE

Hi,
in my site I use wordpress 4.7.2 with the7 theme.
Theme and all plugins are update to the last version but I can't translate from italian to english the microwidget's content.

The problem is that when I change my site's language from italian to english, the links in the microwidget in the top bar return me to the italian pages.

How can I solve that?

Thank you!

February 23, 2017 at 3:44 am #1215164

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

Could you please attach a few screenshots to show the issue? Could you please let me know how is the micro widgets configured?

I look forward to your reply.

Thanks

February 23, 2017 at 8:47 am #1215294

kaitiE

Hi, thank you for the reply.

I have uploaded the images that show how I configured the microwidgets (those are the text microwidgets).

In "string translation" I can't see those string

Thank you!

February 24, 2017 at 3:03 am #1216222

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello @kaitie,

Thank you for these screenshots, I understand from this screenshots that the micro widgets are not configured as just like normal widgets, I would like to get into your site and obtain further detailed information about these widgets before providing a feedback to you, so it can be helpful for you. So, would you mind providing me login details?

I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site in order to be of better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. hidden link

This info is private and available to you and supporters only. Read more about this: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Note that:
+ Backup (both files and database) your site before giving us your credentials
+ It would be better if you give me the test site rather than the live site.

We'd like to request the permission to disable, enable and install themes and plugins for this site. Please accept this?

I look forward to your reply.

Thanks

February 24, 2017 at 8:59 am #1216373

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hi there,

These values are saved as options in wp_options table and to translate these values please follow the below steps:
1) Now go to string translation and click on "Translate text to admin screens » In the bottom left of the page.
2) Load the page completely, search for "- the7dtchild" and click it.
3) Now search for "header-elements-text" inside the7dtchild and check it
4) Go bottom of the page and click apply.
5) Wait until the page shows "Le stringhe selezionate possono ora essere tradotte dalla schermata Traduzione stringh" text
6) Once this shows up, go to string translation and translate the strings

You can find more details about translation admin texts here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/#admin_texts

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

February 24, 2017 at 12:00 pm #1216572

kaitiE

Thank you so much for your help!

March 23, 2017 at 8:42 pm #1238320

filipV-2

I have the same issue, tried everything succesfully until last step: it still doesn't appear in string translation...

June 30, 2017 at 3:26 pm #1309655

ericH-8

OR, much easier, than that super slow, website crash option menu.
Go to FTP, child theme, edit wpml-config.xml and under <admin-texts> add the following
<key name="header-elements-text" />
<key name="header-elements-text-2" />
<key name="header-elements-text-3" />

Check first, I already had the first line so I just added the other 2.

This fixes your Microwidget text boxes translations.

February 3, 2018 at 1:55 pm #1506128

antonioP-22

Am still facing this issue and the above suggestions didn't help, Shekhar.

Option to change the translation for the Microwidget appears in String Translations (hidden link), I update it, but when looking at the website in the particular language, there's no change.

Can you please update a solution to this?

February 3, 2018 at 2:02 pm #1506136

antonioP-22

Update: It does work, but only if you use "Text 1" Microwidget.

February 12, 2018 at 11:13 am #1514713

antonioP-22

Microwidget is broken again, since last WPML update.

Can we get a proper solution to this? One that won't break at every update.

Thanks

March 25, 2018 at 8:53 pm #1556076

martinS-106

Hi there. I´m facing the same problem with these mini widgets from The7 Theme. I followed every instruction I could find but no way I can find the right spot to translate those widgets. Anybody for help?
Cheers Martin

May 2, 2018 at 8:24 am #1924636

luisL-6

Hi,

I've tried all the "solutions" but none of them seems to work.

When I check the "header-elements-text" strings in "Translate text to admin screens » and click apply, the message "Selected strings can now be translated from the Translation stringh" dont appears and of course those strings are not found.

Have you found any solution. Thanks

September 30, 2018 at 10:15 pm #2776778

jonathanM-19

We came up with a solution to this problem. Check it out here:

hidden link

progressivewebsolutions _dot_ ca/how-to-change-the-search-widget-text-different-languages-the7-wordpress-theme/

February 13, 2019 at 3:57 pm #3195176

andreP-10

This issue is still a problem. Can someone post a proper solution please?