Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 3.46 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
October 20, 2019 at 9:50 am

stefanA-12

I want to inform that I had from a previous ticket a answer from WPML support from Carlos yet.

The answer from the previous ticket:

It seems that the cause of the issue is in the URL, when you submit the form in a secondary language the variable 'result' doesn't contain the right structure. Instead of having a question mark (?) and an equal symbol (=) it contains other symbols.
For instance:
- Instead of ?result=success
- You get %3Fresult%3Dsuccess

I kindly ask you to contact the plugin's authors and let them know about this behavior, they should be able to add a fix or help us finding a solution.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was sometimes with the developer of the plugin in contact, but it was not possible to fix the problem up to now. 🙁

Is that possible that you can contact the developer to find a solution to solve the issue?

Kind regards,

Stefan
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
previous ticket error description:

Hello! 🙂

I fill in a form and finally click on "Create Request".
Then it comes to the following answer message on the screen:
User Data Extraction Request
Your request has been created
You will receive an email from us with a current extract of your data stored with us.
So this all is o.k! 🙂

If I am doing the same in German or Spanish language, it not shows the yet translated text. Instead it jumps to the English page.

I tried a lot to fix that, but it seems not possible for me. 🙁 I spoke with the developer of the plugin "WP DSGVO Tools", they told me that this should function without any problems.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

In the footer you can see the link "User Data Extraction" / Extracción Datos Usuario / Nutzer Datenauszug, to open the form.

Please, have a look to this issue.

October 22, 2019 at 9:52 am #4800787

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi Stefan,

I'm sorry but I'm a bit lost in your message. Did you contacted the developer of the plugin and was the issue solved or not?

Regards,
Carlos

October 22, 2019 at 10:07 am #4800975

stefanA-12

Hi Carlos,

yes I was sometimes in contact with the developer, but up to now it was not possible to solve the problem on my website.

On the website ( hidden link ) of the developer this feature is function well, without any problem. Append a screenshot to that.

Possible you can contact the developer to help them to solve the issue on my website? Or this is a WPML problem, or whatever?

Reg., Stefan

October 22, 2019 at 4:16 pm #4804227

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Stefan,

In this case I would like to ask your authorization to run more tests in the site. Also, please create a full backup of the site that can be restored if necessary.

Regards,
Carlos

October 22, 2019 at 4:38 pm #4804357

stefanA-12

Hi Carlos,

I have done now a full backup.

Yes, please check on my website if you can fix the issue.

That will be GREAT! 😉

Reg., Stefan

October 23, 2019 at 9:24 am #4809347

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Stefan,
Thank you very much for your authorization.

I applied some changes in the language URL format. Could you tell me if the issue persists?

Regards,
Carlos

October 23, 2019 at 11:03 am #4810497

stefanA-12

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

October 23, 2019 at 1:51 pm #4812105

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,

I'm glad to hear that the issue is solved 🙂

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need our help in the future with WPML. We will be more than happy to help.
Best regards,
Carlos