This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 3 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
June 10, 2019 at 9:49 pm #3990515

eyalc

I am trying to: wpml->settings

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:settings

Instead, I got:blank screen

June 10, 2019 at 9:50 pm #3990539

eyalc

I tried to reinstall WPML results are the same

June 10, 2019 at 11:28 pm #3990723

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi There,

do you currently have WPML Media activated ?

if yes please deactivate and reactivate it, do you see any messages prompting you to "Learn More" on how to translate the media of your site ?

if yes please click on the "Learn More Button" and then "x " it out.

let me know your results please

June 17, 2019 at 10:16 pm #4038889

eyalc

When I dieactivated WPML media, I see the settings of the WPML in the dashboard...
what do I need to do in order to activate the WPML media and still see the settings???

June 18, 2019 at 12:43 am #4039045

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

The white screen should contain a notification for WPML Media, that can be dismissed.
However, we need to solve the problem with this white screen.

Did you check your browser console for error messages that come from this site?
It is possible that in your setup something might not be loading - some js files.

As a first suggestion, I suggest that you temporary disable any caching - including server-side cache.
I see that you are using SG Optimizer plugin, and that and heavy server-side Memcache might be causing some issues.

NOTE : if possible i also recommend testing with a browser that does not have any extensions activated ,certain extensions on google chrome can cause this

The topic ‘[Closed] in WPML->settings-> I get blank screen (white on white)’ is closed to new replies.