This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: MailChimp SignUp Form widget ignores the “display on language” dropdown, and displays on all languages.

Solution: Escalated to compatibility team. Workaround available (confirmed by the client): Mailchimp forms have a shortcode that can be used in post, page or widget. You can see in your form page, under the title.

- copy the shortcode - go to Appearance -> Widget - put a Text widget in the footer - paste the shortcode and add whatever text you want - set "display on language" for your form language - do the same for the other form (every form has a different shortcode; you need to change the language to see it)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by kerstinS-6 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
May 17, 2018 at 8:56 pm #2182988

kerstinS-6

I am trying to: restore what I had before: the display of ONE newsletter mailchimp form in the footer of each language version of the website

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link
(for the moment, I deactivated the English form, however you can still see the French form on the English version... which should not be the case - see image 3)

I expected to see: only ONE newsletter mailchimp form displayed by language version (image 1)

Instead, I got: TWO newsletter mailchimp forms (one in French and one in English) displayed on each language versions (image 2)

------------------------------------------
According to WordPress support: "This is looking more and more like a problem with the plugin and the widget. The most recent updates seem to be incompatible."

May 18, 2018 at 4:04 pm #2190374

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

there is indeed a compatibility problem with the MailChimp SignUp Form widget, and I have escalated the ticket.

However, I have a workaround you may try.
Mailchimp forms have a shortcode that can be used in post, page or widget. You can see in your form page, under the title.

- copy the shortcode
- go to Appearance -> Widget
- put a Text widget in the footer
- paste the shortcode and add whatever text you want
- set "display on language" for your form language
- do the same for the other form (every form has a different shortcode; you need to change the language to see it)

Let me know if this works for you or if you need further assistance.

May 18, 2018 at 4:29 pm #2190720

kerstinS-6

Works perfectly! Many thanks, Laura!!