This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
When renewing the subscription product WooCommerce Subscription order showing Payment processing skipped – renewal order created under staging site lock. when WPML is active and running Language per domain.

Solution:

1. Define the site URL only the default domain of your website in wp-config.php in this way https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#WP_SITEURL
    define( 'WP_SITEURL', 'https://example.com' );
  2. Check the "wc_subscriptions_siteurl" key in the wp_options table and make sure it is same as original site URL including the trainling slashes if exist any.
    The URL will hold the placeholder like _[wc_subscriptions_siteurl]_ e.g. http://localhos_[wc_subscriptions_siteurl]_t
    Leave it as it is WP Subscription plugin removes it later.
  3. Clear all the caches and transient from WooCommerce.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 32 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by tomasP-10 1 year, 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Sumit.

Author Posts
August 28, 2018 at 2:59 pm

tomasP-10

Hello,

I found out that the new WooCommerce Subscription is not compatible with WPML. They have a new feature that cancel recurring payment when the site is in staging mode. The problem is that with WPML on site it cancel all recurring payments even when the site is NOT in staging mode.

Fortunately, I started using it and we are currently translating website, but I had to deactivate the plugin so I don't break our payments.

Can you please help me to solve this problem? I already contacted WooCommerce support.

I included

August 29, 2018 at 8:21 am #2685466

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

Have you deactivated WPML because of this issue? Please let me know the exact steps to reproduce the issue. So I can try to replicate it in a fresh installation on my local server. Because WooCommerce Subscriptions is a compatible plugin with WPML. Please check the following documentation for more details.

https://wpml.org/documentation/woocommerce-extensions-compatibility/translating-woocommerce-subscriptions-woocommerce-multilingual/

--
Thanks!

Bigul

August 29, 2018 at 12:57 pm #2686448

tomasP-10

Hello,

thank you very much for your help. Yes I had to deactivate WPML, fortunately we haven't completed the translation since today.

As I said earlier, there is a new "staging mode function" in WC Subscription. A month ago everything was okay, so this problem came with the new update of Subscription. You can contact their support at support@prospress.com , they know about it.

The issue: I found out that when an active subscription (with automatic payments) should automatically create a renewal order and charge money from credit card, instead of creating this order with payment method as "card", it creates an order without payment method with a note "Payment processing skipped – renewal order created under staging site lock." I had to manually add payment method and retry renewal payment.

It looks that WPML somehow is simulating staging site and blocks WC automatic renewal process.

Sincerely,

Tomáš Pokorný

August 29, 2018 at 4:22 pm #2687395

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Tomas,

Thank you for the feedback. It requires further checking. So please allow me to make a duplicator copy of your site using Duplicator plugin(https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) for debugging the issue on my local server.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

August 30, 2018 at 1:58 pm #2690491

tomasP-10

Unfortunately, I cannot create duplicator package because of php limits... I can send you database and files separately. Can I send you a G Drive link privately somehow?

August 30, 2018 at 4:48 pm #2691386

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Tomas,

Thank you for the updates. The Duplicator works for me when I exclude *wp-content/uploads* folder(which is not required for debugging) and increase PHP limit. Please check the attached image.

I will debug the issue further on my local server and get back to you as soon as possible. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

August 30, 2018 at 6:06 pm #2691571

tomasP-10

Great, so you completed that package. Thank you, gonna await your response.

August 31, 2018 at 3:19 pm #2694402

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Tomas,

For your kind updates, I am continuing the debugging and need one more help. WooCommerce Subscriptions has released a new version of the plugin. But unable to upgrade to it automatically. Therefore please share me the latest version. You can share it as Google Drive or Dropbox URL. Please check the attached image for more details.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

August 31, 2018 at 4:55 pm
September 1, 2018 at 12:50 pm #2696018

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Tomas,

Thank you for sharing the latest version. I have tried a few times in my local server with your Duplicator copy and the latest version of WooCommerce and WooCommerce Subscriptions. But not able to reproduce the issue exactly in my local copy. Therefore I have a request, can you please share a screencast(video) for a better understanding. Sorry for the inconveniences.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 5, 2018 at 11:30 am
September 6, 2018 at 10:16 am #2710266

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Tomas,

Thank you for the screencast. But sorry, still I am not able to reproduce the problem in my local copies. I have tried to reproduce the issue on your Duplicator copy and a fresh installation a few times. But the result is the same. Please check the following Video URL for more details.

hidden link

Therefore I have a request. Please check the video and let me know I have made any wrong steps or not.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 6, 2018 at 11:39 am #2710427

tomasP-10

Hello,

you are doing it wrong. When you have an active subscription and set the next payment date, you actually have to wait till that subscription automatically creates the renewal order (based on the set payment date).

But I see on your local copy, you actually have "staging" subscriptions, how do you want to debug this issue? My problem is that WooCommerce thinks I have a staging site when I do not :).

September 6, 2018 at 3:53 pm #2711495

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Tomas,

Thank you for the feedback. I have created a new Daily variation for the products. So hopefully it will be reproducible tomorrow.

I will do one more round of testing tomorrow and get back to you. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 6, 2018 at 4:09 pm #2711545

tomasP-10

You do not have to wait all day, you can set the next payment date a hour into future (that is the limit).