Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by lucM-5 1 year, 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Ricardo Alday.

Author Posts
February 27, 2018 at 7:37 am #1530029

lucM-5

Hi,

when REDIS Object caching enabled on Pagely VPS, I have pages not loading. Pagely support has informed me that the below message is generated

[26-Feb-2018 16:59:57 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded in /dom18822/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/utilities/class-wpml-debug-backtrace.php on line 80

As for now, object caching has been disabled to avoid this problem. Are you aware of any such issues? What should be done to solve them, such that REDIS Object caching can be reinstated again?

Thanks,
Luc

February 27, 2018 at 7:49 pm #1531015

Ricardo Alday

Hi,

Thanks for contacting support. I'll do my best to help you with your question.

You need to increase the max execution time of your server. You have the following options to achieve this:

1. [Recommended] - Contact your hosting provider and ask them is there's a way to increase the 'max_execution_time' value. Maybe you can do it within the server control panel or edditting your server php.ini file.

2. Install 'WP Maximum Execution Time Exceeded' plugin. If everything is ok, it should automatically increase this limit for you.
https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-maximum-execution-time-exceeded/

3. Edit your .htaccess file and add this line of code:

php_value max_execution_time 300

Could you try these options and tell us if you're able to increase the server maximum execution time and fix the issue?

Thanks,
Ricardo

February 27, 2018 at 8:33 pm #1531090

lucM-5

Hi,

thanks for your answer, but I'm not sure what to do with it. Pagely support had already increased max execution time to 120 seconds, but the pages still do not load. Even if that would be the solution, surely we cannot have a page taking more than 60 seconds to load (from a usability point of view)?

This behavior is only observed for one specific page (and all its language versions). Even with REDIS object caching disabled, the problem seems to have reappeared again.

Since then, Pagely support indicated there might be a possibility of a conflict with CloudFlare caching - and bypassing that cache seems to have solved the problem for the time being (but I keep on monitoring). Are you aware of any conflicts of WPML with CF caching?

Luc

February 27, 2018 at 9:31 pm #1531129

Ricardo Alday

There are no known issues between CloudFlare caching and WPML. You mentioned this happens on a specific page. What's unique about this page?

March 7, 2018 at 7:32 am #1538550

lucM-5

In the end, it proved to be a combination of a custom post type (defined by WP Types) and visualization in a grid (The Grid plugin) that was causing problems as soon as other language versions were published. Problem was solved by elimination in cooperation with Pagely support.