This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 9 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
January 15, 2019 at 2:23 pm #3093287

lukasH-9

We create digital products only in the main language and display the item description using multilingual variables. So the product hidden link is created in English and can be called in German hidden link (here WPML has been configured to use the English product as fallback and also calls the English product in HREF-Lang). The checkout works excellently, only the customer who orders in second language does not see the downloads. As admin in the order you see the generated links and the assignment, but the customer has no possibility to see the links (neither in the user interface nor in the order mail).

Even after a WPML update on a test environment, the problem cannot be solved.
A WPML upgrade will follow soon, because a plugin dependency has to be solved.

January 16, 2019 at 5:31 am #3096019

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to assist you further on this issue.

I can see that you are using WPML version 4.0.7 where the latest version is 4.1.3, so could you please update the plugin to the latest version and let me know if this helps?

NOTE:

+ Make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding anything (Always a good practice!). You can use a plugin for this if you like. I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose. See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Could you please explain a bit more about the "using multilingual variables"?

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

January 16, 2019 at 9:18 am #3096590

lukasH-9

In the article description we used WPML strings, but these have no effect on our problem.

An upgrade of the version we tested on our test environment did not lead to the desired problem solution.

January 16, 2019 at 12:02 pm #3097553

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

To further debug this issue, I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site in order to be of better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. hidden link

This info is private and available to you and supporters only. Read more about this: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Note that:

Backup (both files and database) your site before giving us your credentials. You can use a plugin for this if you like. I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose.
See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Duplicator instruction
hidden link

It would be better if you give me the test site rather than the live site.

If the issues need some changes in the plugins updates/disabling we will install a plugin called “duplicator” and replicate the site in our local server for testing.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] Incomplete download assignment for orders in second language’ is closed to new replies.