This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 8 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
October 25, 2019 at 4:39 pm #4828745

ninaB-6

I am trying to understand this warning: I got a warning from Google Search Console regarding "en-no return tags"

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

October 26, 2019 at 5:23 pm #4832485

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

thanks for contacting us.

When was the page created? Google can take some time to correctly indexing all content.

From what I can see, the hreflang appears correctly in the source page:

<link rel="alternate" hreflang="en" href="<em><u>hidden link</u></em>" />
October 28, 2019 at 1:08 pm #4839767

ninaB-6

Hi Laura, Thanks you are right, the issue seems to be gone. But if you look at the attached image there was a constant up and down regarding the errors. Any idea what the reason could be. I haven't done anything to resolve the problem. Thanks, Nina

October 28, 2019 at 4:25 pm #4841665

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

unless you have more specific about the errors, we can't understand what might have caused the problem.

Hreflangs shouldn't disappear and appear, so if they are there now, they should have always been there.
If the screenshot refers to your whole site, it might be that Google didn't index all pages correctly yet.

Unfortunately, we don't have control over how and when Google indexes the pages, so you should consult with them first.