Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dražen Duvnjak 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Dražen Duvnjak.

Author Posts
October 7, 2021 at 1:40 pm #9741687

Raphael Cavalieri

I have some issues with our Google Serp meta title and description.
Our website hidden link is reference in english but the website is in France by default.

October 10, 2021 at 6:24 am #9754163

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Hello Raphael,

I checked further on this issue and it seems all correct to me and working fine.

In the image, you shared you are showing us EN text, and this is correct, if you hover over the link you will see it leads to EN versions which is also correct.

The reason why you see EN results in your search is that Google tries to show the correct results in the correct language.

If you have done a search in FR Google it will show your FR website versions. I have tried to test this out and it seems your FR website is still not indexed by Google, I would advise checking on this via your Google Search webmaster tools/sitemap / SEO department.

If you do the same search in Bing or a similar Search engine it shows up fine. The same behavior is for Google and will be once Google adds your FR version to search results.

It seems all correct as per me, and the only thing here is FR versions are still not indexed added for Google for some reasons, and not showing in search results, which is then a different issue than the one you reported in this ticket. Everything else looks correct.

I hope I was helpful. Don't hesitate to ask if you have any doubts, I'll gladly help you.

Regards,
Drazen

Screenshot_6.jpg
Screenshot_5.jpg