Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Some of my strings are not translated in the checkout page of WooCommerce.

Solution: Try to re-scan the strings in WooCommerce plugin.

1. Go under "WPML -> Theme and plugins localization" 2. Make sure that "Translate by WPML." is active 3. Scroll down to "Strings in the plugins", select the "WooCommerce" plugin and click on "Scan the selected plugins for strings" 3. Once you follow the above steps go under "WPML -> String Translation". All strings available for translation should display in the table you see there.

Documentation link: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Gruffydd 5 years, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Pierre.

Author Posts
May 4, 2015 at 1:28 pm #611301

Gruffydd

Once an item is paid for in PayPal, the return links are messing up in English (the default language is Welsh). Here are some examples of the links generated:

English (incorrect):
hidden link

Welsh (correct):
hidden link

I'm able to complete the order if I alter the URL manually, but obviously this won't do for my customers.

Also, when checking out in Welsh, the checkout page isn't entirely translated (although some words are!). I've included some screenshots of the culprits!

May 5, 2015 at 6:56 pm #612582

Pierre
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for your message!

This problem is a known bug when the option "Language name added as a parameter" is enabled in WPML > Languages > Language URL Format.

This problem will be fixed in the next version of WPML 3.2. Meanwhile, as a workaround, I suggest you to use the option "Different languages in directories".

Concerning the checkout strings, please follow these steps:

1. Go under "WPML -> Theme and plugins localization"
2. Make sure that "Translate by WPML." is active
3. Scroll down to "Strings in the theme" and click on "Scan the theme for strings"
4. Scroll down to "Strings in the plugins", select the plugin you want to scan and click on "Scan the selected plugins for strings"
5. Once you followed the above steps go under "WPML -> String Translation". All strings available for translation should display in the table you see there.

Do you see them? If yes, all you need to do is click on "translations" next to each string you want to translate.

If this still doesn't solve the issue, can you tell me what is your "original language of strings" in WPML > String translation.

Regards,
Pierre

May 5, 2015 at 8:58 pm #612652

Gruffydd

Thanks PIerre. I've used 'different languages in directories for now and it works fine.

I also fixed the checkout translation. It seems I hadn't scanned the woocommerce plugin for strings, which is odd!

Thanks for your help.