This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ricardo Alday 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Ricardo Alday.

Author Posts
September 21, 2018 at 6:26 am #2754075

simonJ-8

I am trying to:

Site translated however the text is showing incorrectly in snipet previs on site with incorrect charactors displaying.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link
hidden link

I expected to see: charactors display correctly.

Instead, I got: its not displaying correctly.

I have tried the plug in reccommoded on your site (UTF-8 Converter) but its not compatable with the current WP version..

Can you please let me know any feedback to resolve.

September 21, 2018 at 9:20 pm #2756547

Ricardo Alday

Hi,

Thanks for contacting WPML support.
If the plugin recommended in our article about this issue: https://wpml.org/faq/texts-showing-as/ does not work, you can run the same two SQL queries directly on your database through your PhpMyAdmin interface or using the ARI Adminer plugin.

Either way, we recommend that you backup your database first just in case.

Best regards,
Ricardo

September 22, 2018 at 12:00 am #2756624

simonJ-8

Hi,
thanks for the feedback, do you have any support docuemnts on how to run this quiry on the SLQ data base, not something im entirely confidant in ?

Regards
SJ

September 22, 2018 at 5:52 pm #2757827

Ricardo Alday

Not really but you can find many tutorials online.
I found this quick video on Youtube for running queries through PhpMyAdmin hidden link

Remember to backup the database first.

The topic ‘[Closed] Incorrect Text and ??? showing in 2nd & 3rd Languages’ is closed to new replies.