This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 33 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by konstantinosP-9 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Andrey.

Author Posts
March 12, 2018 at 2:17 pm

konstantinosP-9

I am trying to:load category pages

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link
hidden link

I expected to see: sidebar elements to load as quick as the products

Instead, I got: delay

I have also changed the shop permalinks several times both for ENg and Greek. Developers form Yith, after reporting to them about failures regarding the ajax search function with Greek language, they informed about several bad requests and redirections resulting from the permalink change. Now I have switched permalinks back to how they were initially set. But I'm wondering if that has caused any delay issues due to conflicting DB records with WPML as well.

March 14, 2018 at 5:02 am #1545443

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi Konstantinos,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

Please let me know the following details for tracking the bug.

1) The sidebar filter feature is provided by *YITH WooCommerce Ajax Product Filter Premium* plugin, am I right?

2) If so, please upgrade to the latest version of the *YITH WooCommerce Ajax Product Filter Premium* plugin and check the issue is existing

3) To help you faster, I've enabled debug information for this support ticket. Please see this link for how to get this information from your site and give it to us: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

--
Thanks!

Bigul

March 14, 2018 at 8:40 am #1545546

konstantinosP-9

Hello Bigul.

Yes I use the referred plugin as nulled version for testing purposes.
I have disabled the premium version and activated the bundled theme version now.
The same delay happens with price filter.
But the issue refers to the other elements of the sidebar as well. These elements are the carousel sliders right below the price filter.

Thank you

March 14, 2018 at 6:00 pm #1546126

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Konstantinos,

Thank you for the updates. Please try the following steps(after a full site backup) and let me know your feedback.

1) Deactivate WPML String Translation for a moment and check the issue is existing or not.

2) Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like 2017, then make sure the problem is existing or not

3) Please share with me the WordPress debug.log (not WPML debug information). Please check this page for instructions https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings 
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
@ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

// Use dev versions of core JS and CSS files (only needed if you are modifying these core files)
define( 'SCRIPT_DEBUG', true );

In this case, the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the */wp-content/* directory. Please do the steps to reproduce the bug and check you are getting any errors or warning related to WPML in the log file.

If you can paste your debug.log to http://pastebin.com/index.php and provide me that link it would be great! (This is the cleanest way because sometimes the logs are long and create a complete mess of discussion).

--
Thanks!

Bigul

March 27, 2018 at 7:04 pm #1558294

konstantinosP-9

Hello Bigul and sorry for the delay

I did what you suggested and
1. When I deactivate WPML string translation the carousel blocks of Revolutionary Slider
2. I switched to twentyseventeen, Added the revolutionary sliders and a price filter bar to the blog sidebar. But delays are still there.:-(

Here is the link of the debug log
https://pastebin.com/V1NMD71N

March 27, 2018 at 8:05 pm #1558343

konstantinosP-9

Hello again

After restoring with a backup from Cpanel and through phpMyadmin I got the following errors

SQL query:

--
-- Indexes for table `wp_v01dmod3_icl_translations`
--
ALTER TABLE `wp_v01dmod3_icl_translations`
  ADD PRIMARY KEY (`translation_id`),
  ADD UNIQUE KEY `trid_lang` (`trid`,`language_code`),
  ADD UNIQUE KEY `el_type_id` (`element_type`,`element_id`),
  ADD KEY `trid` (`trid`),
  ADD KEY `id_type_language` (`element_id`,`element_type`,`language_code`)

MySQL said: Documentation
#1062 - Duplicate entry '0' for key 'PRIMARY'

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Now the delays are bigger than before even for displaying the content of category page (not just the sidebar elements.

i tried a restore DB via UPdraft plus. First I got errors 2 for options table and woo transients.
I tried again and the restore was successful.

I provide with one more link for the debug log that has records after rolling back to the point before trying with your suggestions.

https://pastebin.com/Q8jamTsh

March 27, 2018 at 8:38 pm #1558362

konstantinosP-9

I have also tried debugging with the suggested method in "How to Debug Performance Problems" now that I have increased memory limit. I see several slow queries that refer to WPML but I cannot go on with the next step referring the "PLugin DB quiries" tab.

March 28, 2018 at 1:45 pm #1559067

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Konstantinos,

Thank you for the details. I can see few DB errors related to WPML in the *debug.log* file. Please take a site backup and let me know the following for tracking the problem.

1) Upgrade to the latest version of *YITH WooCommerce* plugins and check is there any improvements in the performance

2) Deactivate WPML String Translation for a moment and check is there any improvements in the performance

3) Deactivate WPML for a moment and check is there any improvements in the performance

4) Please share more information about the following. Which tool/plugin you are using for this.

I see several slow queries that refer to WPML but I cannot go on with the next step referring the "PLugin DB queries" tab.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

March 28, 2018 at 7:53 pm #1559439

konstantinosP-9

Hello
1) I cannot update as they are nulled - I deactivated them instead
2) Yes there is some improvement I think
3) Not anything significant
4) I used the "Debug Objects" plugin as suggested in "https://wpml.org/faq/how-to-debug-performance-problems/"

THank you

March 29, 2018 at 12:20 pm #1560019

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Konstantinos,

Thank you for the details. I have the following requests to gather more information about the problem.

1) Please take a full site backup

2) Please activate Query Monitor plugin and check is there any slow queries related to WPML

3) Please allow me to do few tests on your site(like deactivate plugins and switch to the parent theme). Is it possible for you to consider a staging site? So we can test on the actual environment without affecting the live site.

One doubt. In the previous post, you have mentioned that *YITH WooCommerce* plugins are nulled and deactivated them. But it is still active. Please check this image -- hidden link

--
Thanks!

Bigul

March 29, 2018 at 7:37 pm #1560483

konstantinosP-9

Hello Bigul I have prepared a staging environment at stage.voidmode.com
You can use exactly the same credentials and do whatever you like.
As to the rest of your list
2> I installed the plugin but the after clicking the queries option on the bar the report flashes on load and then covered by the site content.
4> Yes I deactivated for doing the suggested tests and then I switched them on again.

Thank you

March 30, 2018 at 4:22 pm #1561079

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Konstantinos,

Thank you for the staging site. I have tried few rounds testing on the staging site, on a minimal setup. I can see only less than a one-second difference with and without WPML. I will do more testing on it and get back to you.

One doubt how you are managing the price filter feature. Because it is not visible when I switch to *Regency* parent theme.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 2, 2018 at 8:09 am #1562008

konstantinosP-9

Hello Bigul.

Thank you. Regarding the price filter I don't full understand what you are saying but judjging from my experience with switching this yith theme there are some issues. Switching back to yith means always that the defined sidebar widget position are lost. So, to overcome this I always keep a DB backup before switching to a defaut WP theme and then I restore the Db instead of switching back to Yith from the admin.

Best Regards.

April 2, 2018 at 4:17 pm #1562459

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Konstantinos,

Thank you for the updates. As part of performance testing, I would like do few testing with *Regency* parent theme. But the Price filter is not visible when the theme is *Regency* parent.

Therefore I would like to know how you are configuring the *Price filter* option. Please check the attached images for more details.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 4, 2018 at 10:15 pm #1565374

konstantinosP-9

Hello I have activated the price filter. It's a standard woo widget placed in the "shop" theme sidebar