Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
August 26, 2019 at 9:19 pm

brendonM-3

I am trying to: translate the index page (home page) to German but it does not turn out as a replica of the English page

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: it looking like the English page (layout) with the wording in German

Instead, I got: PAGE NOT FOUND - The page you were looking for can not be found! Perhaps try searching?

August 27, 2019 at 12:12 pm #4466317

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

Kindly apologize for the delay,

I just found that the translated german page is in the trash which is causing the issue for you.

Please restore the german home page from trash and update the translation this would resolve your issue.

Let me know if you still need further assistance.

Kind regards
Raja

August 27, 2019 at 12:43 pm #4466705

brendonM-3

Hi Raja

Thanks for your reply.

The problem is that the index page that was in the trash (that the WPML plugin creates) does not show a duplicate of the English page with German text, but rather a plain page with white background and copy in it.

The German page looks like this hidden link

I expected it to look like the English home page hidden link with German translations for the sliders etc.

SEE ATTACHED FOR ACTUAL vs EXPECTED.

Can you clarify how we can achieve that please?

Thanks,
Brendon

August 28, 2019 at 6:15 am #4471319

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

I have checked this again, I am able to view the German page as expected, Please check the attached screenshot. could you please confirm whether the issue still persists at your end?

Kind regards
Raja