Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Enrico 6 years, 11 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Harshad.

Author Posts
January 29, 2013 at 3:50 pm #100256

Enrico

Dear Sarah,
Enrico again here. I'm having some further problems with WMPL, this time with the string translation module. I'm not sure if I'm doing everything correctly but... Well I have tried to translate one of the strings EN->IT and, even thou that has been marked as complete it still isn't showing up on the website. Any ideas? Is there something else I should do after marking the thing as complete?

Thank you again,
Enrico

PS: BTW, if you want to see where that string has been used, just go to the top of the website and hover the "FREE SHIPPING" box, leftmost under the menu.

January 29, 2013 at 5:26 pm #100293

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Hello Enrico,

Could you update WPML to our newest version 2.6.4 - released today?

Your website is the same as mentioned here in this post: http://wpml.org/forums/topic/variations-translation-crash-woocommerce/ ?

January 30, 2013 at 10:25 am #100452

Enrico

Dear Andreas,
yes, it's obviously the same. Sarah already has all access/admin/FTP details possible. I just installed the latest version you mentioned, but to no avail.

What now?

Do not hesitate to get in touch with me for any other request: Sarah also has my contact details, or just ask me for whatever other mean of communication you might prefer.

Please let me know ASAP.
Thanks in advance,
Enrico

January 30, 2013 at 12:24 pm #100504

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Hello Enrico,

Good - maybe one more question which will make checking easier:
The string shown on the screenshot is supposed to come up in which part of your website?

January 30, 2013 at 1:19 pm #100521

Enrico

Hello Andreas,
like I said in the very first post:

PS: BTW, if you want to see where that string has been used, just go to the top of the website and hover the "FREE SHIPPING" box, leftmost under the menu.

I'm attaching you a picture, also.

As you can see, even thou I am visiting the site as Italian (use the flag switch you find by opening the tab at the upper right corner of the website).

Please advise.
Thank you so much in advance,
ER

January 31, 2013 at 2:11 pm #100914

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Hello Enrico,

Sorry! Of course you've mentioned in the initial post, I overlooked it.
Looking at your first "Capture.PNG" screenshot- the complete column "Name" there is empty, correct?

January 31, 2013 at 2:23 pm #100924

Enrico

Hey there,
Well, could you please explain it better? Yes it is empty, how can i fix it?

Thank you

February 1, 2013 at 12:55 pm #101239

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Hello Enrico,

When the name under "WPML > String Translation" is missing then the string was not 100% correctly registered by the theme.
I've sent you a private regarding credentials, its best if we have a look directly into the code.

February 6, 2013 at 8:31 am #102268

Enrico

Hey Andreas,
did you get my last e-mail? Is there any news regarding this, or maybe something you found in the code that I can fix?

Thank you so much,
Enrico

February 8, 2013 at 12:04 pm #102870

Harshad

Dear Enrico,

Can you please check your site now the text "We ship within EU", should now display translated text.

I had deleted the existing translation, then turned on the option "Auto register strings when logged in as administrator".

Reloaded the front page in both languages, the new strings were added to wpml -> string translation, then translated it again.

You can now translate the other strings.

February 11, 2013 at 10:26 am #103264

Enrico

Dear Harshad and Adnres,
thank you so much, I can see now that the string is translated. What does it exctly means that "the strings are auto registred" when logged in as an administrator? Do I have to browse all pages to get the strings loaded in the translation management? Can i still use the translation manager feature to send the strings for translation to a professional translator of mine?

Thank you again Harshad.
Stay sharp,
Enri