This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by zsoltE-2 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
August 6, 2019 at 3:07 pm #4349013

zsoltE-2

I use classic editor to translate pages with WMPL. In this editor I cannot see any button where I can attach a media file.
How can I attach?
Regards, Zsolt

August 6, 2019 at 7:44 pm #4350217

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

You can translate images by going to WPML -> Media Translation. You can also select which images should be added to the translation when you go to WPML -> Translation Management. When you select the page you want to translate, you should see the option to add images to the translation. If the image src is showing in the text field, you can also update the image URL in the text editor.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.

August 7, 2019 at 12:19 pm #4354847

zsoltE-2

Thank you. I found the button in post edit (see attachment), but I need to click this one by one. Is it possible to assign the featured image to all translated post in bulk?

August 7, 2019 at 12:27 pm #4355005

Lauren
Supporter

Yes, you can go to WPML -> Settings and at the bottom, in the Media Translation section, you can check the box to duplicate featured images. You will then need to resave your posts and translations, and the featured image should then be copied. Please note that sometimes you need to edit the copy in the page in order for the update to be saved.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.

August 8, 2019 at 8:06 am #4360661

zsoltE-2

Hi,
You say: "You will then need to resave your posts and translations, and the featured image should then be copied"
How to resave? Can you resave everything in bulk? I have thousands of posts.
Regards, Zsolt

August 8, 2019 at 2:18 pm #4363749

Lauren
Supporter

You can resave pages in bulk by going to the list of Pages in your site. You can then select all and in the bulk options drop down, select Edit. Then, just click "update" or "save" on the first one that opens, and this should update all selected pages. I would recommend doing this in batches instead of trying to do it for all pages. Once you finish the default language, you can use the admin language switcher at the top of your dashboard to see the list of pages in your other language.

August 10, 2019 at 5:29 am #4374791

zsoltE-2

It worked without resave. Thank you for your assistance.