This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas Neuber 6 years, 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas Neuber.

Author Posts
July 2, 2013 at 6:34 am #140658

Ian

Hi
When I am working on a translated page and insert a link to a translated category page in a WooCommerce site - the link goes to the original language product category. Product categories are totally seperate from page categories and I was looking at the icl_link_to_element function but have no idea if this will work with bespoke categories oir even if that is the right way to approach the problem.

Can you advise how to link to a product category in WooCommerce please.
Thanks

July 2, 2013 at 8:19 am #140712

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Hello Ian,

Your approach is definitely the right one.
Let me run a quick experiment on a test-installation and I will come back to you soon.

July 2, 2013 at 10:13 am #140802

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Hi Ian,

Me again. Quick question, are you trying to implement this directly in the code of your template?
If so, could you post the complete code on pastebin.com? Thanks!

July 2, 2013 at 10:52 am #140819

Ian

No I am just adding the links on the page. If you navigate to the home page and then click the thai flag in the cart area top right you will be taken to the Thai home page - there below the images you will see four columns of text and in those are the links to the Thai category (and category/sub-category pages too sometimes) pages. If you click any of the links it will take you to the English version of those pages.

July 2, 2013 at 12:51 pm #140888

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Hello Ian,

Thanks for the feedback!
Could you sent me the link to your website via email?
(andreas.n@onthegosystems.com)

The topic ‘[Closed] Inserting WooCommerce Product Categoriy Links’ is closed to new replies.