Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I want to use Instagram Slider Widget plugin but images doesn't show in secondary languages.

Solution: - Check that the following setting is not selected: x Save and Display Images from Media Library:

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Andrés 5 years ago.

Assigned support staff: Andrés.

Author Posts
October 8, 2016 at 5:13 pm #1111319

Verein

I am trying to: I use "Instagram Slider Widget" which perfectly works on the original page in english. In the german translation the widget does not show the images although I use the same code.
Do you have any ideas for a solution? Thank you so much for your help! All the best!
URL of (my) website where problem appears: hidden link

I expected to see: look at screenshots

Instead, I got:

Steps to duplicate the issue:

translation (german).png
original -widget shows the images.png
October 10, 2016 at 11:52 am #1111950

Bernat Torras

Hi Verein,

Thanks for contacting support, I'll do my best to help you with this! 🙂

I've checked Instagram Slider widget plugin and did some tests and in all cases the widget rendered the proper images on my secondary languages. I see that it is storing the widget configuration in the database as options and by default they shouldn't be translatable, so the used values in secondary languages should be the same as in original languages, rendering the exact same images.

I think we'll need to take a deeper look at your install to check the configuration of the widget and run some tests to try to identify the origin of the issue.

I'll enable you a private form on your next reply where you'll be able to share us your backend and ftp credentials with us in a private and secure way. Please fill all required fields to let us take a deeper look at your site configuration and files.

Thanks,
Bernat

October 12, 2016 at 10:11 am #1113606

Andrés
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

Hello Maria,

This is Andrés and as Bernat is not available today, I would like to take care of your case, if you agree.

I can see this situation on your german site. Could you please tell me you created your slider? I see that you use a shortcode for calling it from your home page. However I can't find where it is. Could you please help me with that?

Best regards,
Andrés

October 12, 2016 at 1:39 pm #1113764

Verein

Dear Andrés,

thank you for your help: here ist the plugin configuration:
go to: --> Appearance --> Widgets --> and then: see screenshot: to -> "Instagram Slider Shortcode Generator: at the end of this "generator" you find the short code to add on page for this plugin. Also see screenshot. I have added this short code in both pages, original (english) and translation but it won't work in the translated page (german). At least what I understood this was the way to add this plugin. (I have also tried in the past several plugins for instagram slider with a working pin it button - this was one of the best to find where the pin it button also is working)..

Your help is deeply appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Best, Maria

Bildschirmfoto 2016-10-12 um 15.34.47.png
Bildschirmfoto 2016-10-12 um 15.36.09.png
October 12, 2016 at 3:31 pm #1113901

Andrés
Supporter

Thank you very much for your clear instructions, Maria.

I have duplicated your site locally and I can still see the same behaviour. I would like to create a new installation only "Instagram Slider Widget" and WPML just for check if your installation has been corrupted. It would take a bit more of time but I'll keep you informed of any advance.

Best regards,
Andrés

October 12, 2016 at 4:24 pm #1113939

Verein

Hello Andrés,

thank you so much for this quick answer! I am so much looking forward for you help, thank you meanwhile and all the best,
Maria

October 13, 2016 at 8:04 am #1114333

Andrés
Supporter

Hello Maria,

It seems that the problem comes from the use of the following setting.
x Save and Display Images from Media Library:
In my local site it works fine, but once I use it on your site, it doesn't work anymore. According to this it seems that some server restriction is causing this.

Does it solve your situation?

Regards,
Andrés

October 13, 2016 at 4:35 pm #1114998

Verein

Dear Andrés,

thank you for your help and quick answer. Yes, it is resolved, thank you so much! The slider is showing up in German as well now, hurray! 🙂 Thank you! Best, Maria

October 14, 2016 at 6:46 am #1115277

Andrés
Supporter

Great!
Have a nice day, Maria.
Andrés