This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 4 years, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Beda.

Author Posts
December 2, 2014 at 2:34 pm #521617

António Pinto

I am trying to: Install WPML on the mu-plugins folder.
(*other questions were irrelevant*)

I create custom websites using WordPress (actually using Bedrock Stack from Roots hidden link), these sites will be handed to clients who, most of the time, have no technical knowledge on how to manage a website. In order to keep the website "safe" from mistakes I would like to install WPML as a mu-plugin (Must Use) so they can't turn off WPML breaking the website.

The problem I think lies on the fact that mu-plugins folder doesnt call the activate hook.
By the way, I already know that the plugin must be either loaded from the root (no subfolder) or that I shall make a autoloader (bedrock already has this auto loader).

Thank you!

December 2, 2014 at 5:55 pm #521784

Beda
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch ) Italian (Italiano )

Hello Antonio

I talked to our DEV team about it, and it seems not to be recommended because of this:

1. We do use the activation hook.
2. We use reference to the actual ‘wp-content/plugins’ folder

Please let me know if you need further assistance with this.

Thank you

December 3, 2014 at 3:10 pm #522501

António Pinto

I understand.
Do you know any way that we could make it work?
It is not a deal breaker, but thefact is that it would be a very good function for you to use.

December 3, 2014 at 4:35 pm #522599

Beda
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch ) Italian (Italiano )

Hello Antonio

I'm afraid that is not a feature of wpml yet, and such a script would need custom coding which is beyond the scope of our support.
This being the case please consider contacting one of our certified partners from this link:
hidden link. org/documentation/support/wpml-contractors/
You will get the custom assistance you need to get on with your project.
Before doing so please have a look also here:
http://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-contractors/guidelines-for- people-looking-for-consulting-help/

You could also request a new feature using the proper option in wpml.org > support (I want to suggest a new feature)

Thank you

The topic ‘[Closed] Install PlWPML on mu-plugins folder’ is closed to new replies.