This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.70 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
September 17, 2018 at 9:06 am #2740339

peterJ-31

Hello, i want to install to my 2nd site - hidden link - after download the plugin in the backend WP there is shown the plugin as activated - but i dont see the plugin wpml in the sidebar !

How can i install because also the download from the website wpml doesn’t works, because i dont get a zip file only folders !

September 18, 2018 at 7:23 am #2743769

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Could you please check for a possible theme and plugin conflict. To do that you can switch back to any default theme (e.g. Twenty Sixteen theme), Disable all plugins except WPML and see if this issue goes away with default theme and only WPML activated?

If still issue persists, please enable error reporting at you site as I need to see the detail of the error log. You can see how to enable debug logging here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

To enable it, open your ‘wp-config.php’ file and look for ‘define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);’. Change it to:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings 
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
@ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

define( 'SCRIPT_DEBUG', true );

This will create debug.log file in your site's wp-content directory. Please send me its contents.

Thank you

The topic ‘[Closed] Install to other site’ is closed to new replies.