This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Sumit 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Sumit.

Author Posts
October 7, 2018 at 5:50 pm #2794069

volkerF-2

I installed:
- WPML Multilingual CMS
- WPML String Translation
- WPML Translation Management
- WPML Multilingual CMS
on a staging site of my Woocommerce store. I tried several times, using fresh staging sites every time. I installed and activated the plugins in different orders, with all other plugins deactivated, with a standard theme. After 3 or 4 different complete tries to install and activate WPML, I give up. I would actually go so far to say, it is NOT possible to be installed on my WP installation.

The configuration always stops at the 2nd step, language selection. When I start it the 1st time, the "Next" button turns active after I selected at least 1 language. I select French, German, Italian, and Spanish. Then I clock on NEXT, the screen reloads, and shows again the language selection tab, with the languages I selected earlier, still ticked. But the NEXT button is inactive, I never ever reach the next step of the configuration. I followed every instruction I was able to find in your support forum, run the troubleshooting procedure several times. With every of my 3 or 4 installations.

Regardless WooCommerce being activated, I get the error message "WooCommerce Multilingual is enabled but not effective. It requires WooCommerce in order to work."

Regardsless how many times I go through the troubleshooting procedures, the following message is always present: "WPML is missing some records in the languages tables and it cannot fully work until this issue is fixed. Please go to the Troubleshooting page and click on "Clear language information and repopulate languages" to fix this problem."

PHP version is 7.0 since at least one of my necessary plugins is not compatible with a newer PHP version. PHP memory is at least 128MB (max. 768MB). My WP installation is hosted by the famous Siteground company.

I need WPML installed ASAP. I sacrified my weekend to set it up, and I wasted many many hours with a not working plugin installation. I was warned when I read forum threads and reviews before I even tried, too many people with major issues related to WPML. But unfortunately, it is the only solution I was able to find, which would work with another software I am going to use to synchronize products and inventory in multiple languages over multiple websites.

I am using TheGem theme; related to your information compatible with WPML.

The site URL is universal-solder.ca, but as I said, the installation trials happened on staging sites, in sub folders.

The attached image shows where the installation process always stalls, and the persistent error messages.

Please help, I need it installed and working on my main site within the next 2 or 3 days.

thank you

October 7, 2018 at 5:58 pm #2794097

volkerF-2

Additional information: When clock on "back" on the translation language selection screen, it only reloads the site again, and then it does not show any checkbox ticked. I have to select at least 2 languages then, until the "next" button turns active.

I can download and install the translation updates for several modules etc., and it always shows me that it was successful for all 4 of the selected translation languages. Means, it took over the setting for the translation languages, although it will not show me the next screen.

October 8, 2018 at 6:47 am #2794840

Sumit
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting support forum.

I am really sorry for the inconvenience caused to you during the installation.
This is not usual there must be something wrong with the WPML tables in the database. I will check this myself.

For this, I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.
Instructions to send private information are here: hidden link

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Also, please let me know if it is fine to install Adminer plugin so I can check the Database quickly?

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] installation always stops at language selection’ is closed to new replies.