This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
September 23, 2018 at 12:53 pm #2758670

victoriaS-9

Hello WPML!

I am trying to: download your plug in because I really need it to my web site...

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: the download to work successfully,

Instead, I got: errors all over the place. Please help.

I can't even obtain the log because WPML does not show on my panel on my wordpress site. I can't figure out why. I followed your installation guide but nothing works.

Look at the attachments to see my errors. I really need help with this soon or I will refund it.

Thanks for your help. I greatly appreciate it.

Have a nice day!

September 25, 2018 at 2:41 am #2762339

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

The error you are getting seems to be due to the plugin being installed twice.

go to wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/ and remove it using your FTP.

once removed go back to Plugins->Add new-> and upload the WPML plugin again (make sure it does not include the (1) within the name)

if this does not resolve the issue , i will need to take a closer look

**Before we proceed I recommend to please take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website.**
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

The topic ‘[Closed] Installation fails and i don't understand why’ is closed to new replies.