Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
August 12, 2019 at 1:21 pm #4381253

samd-21

I am trying to: Install

I'm getting this error message
WPML String Translation is enabled but not effective. Please finish the installation of WPML first.

I have selected the languages but and saved but the "next" button is washed out and does not work.

August 12, 2019 at 10:02 pm #4383821

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. It probably happens due a conflict with some third party plugin or even your current theme, please, try the following:

0 - Make sure your server environment meets our minimum requirements as explained at: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

1 - Keep all the plugins disabled and remove your current WPML related plugins files.

2 - Temporary change to a default WordPress theme.

3 - Download your WPML related plugins and proceed with the WPML setup again

4 - Activate all your other plugins and change to your desired theme again.

Please, let me know if it helps, have a nice day.