This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.
Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.
Tagged: Install and update
|May 26, 2019 at 8:56 pm #3892437|
Tell us what you are trying to do?
First we have installed everything on a testsite: test.hurryskurry.com and after we have understand everything we are going to install it on the live server: hurryskurry.com
2. We have bought a license now for test.hurryskurry.com. Is it possible to change it to liveserver when we install it on liveserver? Or do we need to buy another license then?
What is the link to your site?
|May 27, 2019 at 6:46 am #3893795|
Welcome to WPML Support forum.
You can install WPML and activate it from your live server if you wish. You don't have to buy another license for live server site.
However, in order to received updates you must register your site (live server) at Plugins > Add new > Commercial tab.
-click 'Register WPML'
Hope this helps.
|May 28, 2019 at 8:30 pm #3909999|
1. Is this what I need to install?
2. My second question is if its possible to start working with our second language on the live server without having the language options live. And after some months, when everything is translated and we have payement and shipping options we would like to go live with the second language.
|May 29, 2019 at 9:09 am #3913731|
Languages: English (English )
Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)
Dennis is having holidays, I am going to step in to help you out.
1. These plugins needed in every multilingual site.
These plugins add multilingual features to other plugins and these plugins only needed when you install main plugins e.g. Woocommerce, WP SEO and Mailchimp for WordPress respectively.
2. Yes, it’s possible and you can hide/show any language from WPML >> Languages >> Hide Languages as you can see in attached screenshot and this will hide/show the languages and allow you to keep working on them and they will not show up in the front end.
If you want to enable hidden language content for current logged in user then you can achieve it by selecting ‘Display hidden languages’ checkbox from your Users >> Your Profile.
Please let me know if this resolves your issue or you need further assistance.
The topic ‘[Closed] Installing’ is closed to new replies.