This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Noman 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
May 26, 2019 at 8:56 pm #3892437

joakimS-9

Tell us what you are trying to do?
We have a woocommerce shop: hurryskurry.com and we are now going rom swedish to several languages. We have bought a license a while ago and our user name is: joakimS-9

First we have installed everything on a testsite: test.hurryskurry.com and after we have understand everything we are going to install it on the live server: hurryskurry.com

My questions.
1. Do you suggest me to install it on a testserver first or is it best to install on live server first? I would like to do the liveserver first if isn't a problem.

2. We have bought a license now for test.hurryskurry.com. Is it possible to change it to liveserver when we install it on liveserver? Or do we need to buy another license then?

What is the link to your site?
test.hurryskurry.com
and
hurryskurry.com

May 27, 2019 at 6:46 am #3893795

Dennis
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Manila (GMT+08:00)

Hi,

Welcome to WPML Support forum.

You can install WPML and activate it from your live server if you wish. You don't have to buy another license for live server site.

However, in order to received updates you must register your site (live server) at Plugins > Add new > Commercial tab.

-click 'Register WPML'
-click 'your account' link. this will create a new key for your site. take note of the new site key.
-register WPML using that site key.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Dennis

May 28, 2019 at 8:30 pm #3909999

joakimS-9

Ok Thanks.
Our live server has a woocommerce that's live and selling.
I plan to install everything i need for wpml to work. I have two questions

1. Is this what I need to install?
- sitepress-multilingual-cms.4.2.6
- woocommerce-multilingual.4.6.2.1
- wp-seo-multilingual.1.0.0
- wpml-mailchimp-for-wp.0.0.3
- wpml-media-translation.2.5.2
- wpml-string-translation.2.10.4
- wpml-translation-management.2.8.5

2. My second question is if its possible to start working with our second language on the live server without having the language options live. And after some months, when everything is translated and we have payement and shipping options we would like to go live with the second language.
I want the server to work well and the clients should not have the possibilities to se the second language during that time.
Do you have som tips how to do that?

May 29, 2019 at 9:09 am #3913731

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Dennis is having holidays, I am going to step in to help you out.

1. These plugins needed in every multilingual site.

- sitepress-multilingual-cms
- wpml-media-translation
- wpml-string-translation
- wpml-translation-management

These plugins add multilingual features to other plugins and these plugins only needed when you install main plugins e.g. Woocommerce, WP SEO and Mailchimp for WordPress respectively.

- woocommerce-multilingual
- wp-seo-multilingual
- wpml-mailchimp-for-wp

2. Yes, it’s possible and you can hide/show any language from WPML >> Languages >> Hide Languages as you can see in attached screenshot and this will hide/show the languages and allow you to keep working on them and they will not show up in the front end.

If you want to enable hidden language content for current logged in user then you can achieve it by selecting ‘Display hidden languages’ checkbox from your Users >> Your Profile.

Please let me know if this resolves your issue or you need further assistance.

Thank you

The topic ‘[Closed] Installing’ is closed to new replies.