This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
April 26, 2019 at 2:12 pm #3691365

makK

I am trying to:
Use the plugin

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
A working website with translations enabled

Instead, I got:
Broken page with a fatal error

April 26, 2019 at 11:37 pm #3693555

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. Please, my sincere apologies for the delay in answering.

I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please let me know exactly what steps should I follow to see the problem.

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator plugin (or All in One Migration) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

April 29, 2019 at 12:48 pm #3703275

makK

Hey Bruno,

Because we are dealing with sensitive business data, we will provide you with access to the staging server (which is the one affected) however the content text will be changed. All code, configurations stay the same.

Regarding data integrity on our side (as the client requiring your direct support) we agree to fully backup the database and files system and cannot held OnTheGoSystems ltd liable for any data loss while investigation and supporting on this issue.

As per your support policy (https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/) in the clause “Confidentiality of Your Credentials and Content” we request written proof of deletion of the replicated data from your systems upon ticket completion.

Please confirm our request so that we can provide you with access and walkthrough.

Thank you,

April 30, 2019 at 1:15 am #3707075

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi,

Yes, after the problem is fixed, the site will not be stored on our test servers or on my local server.

The only purpose of requesting the credentials is to check the problem and check if this is a bug with WPML or just a setting problem.

If you'd rather I can create a test site for you to try to replicate the problem - though this seems to be related to some configuration of your server.

Your next message will be deprived again.

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] Installing the plugin breaks the page’ is closed to new replies.