Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Riffaz 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
August 30, 2019 at 9:30 pm #4489205

timK-4

I am trying to replace an old version of WPML (3.1.5 to be exact) with newest version.

Yes, I am following documentation on how to replace/update WPML plugin.

hidden link

Error message appears whenever I try to connect to the site using an FTP to replace old WPML php. file. Please advise.

September 3, 2019 at 10:31 pm #4507399

timK-4

Hello,

I've fixed my issue with the FTP. I need help removing an old version of the WPML and replacing it with WPML version 4.2.7.1. Thank you for the assistance.

September 4, 2019 at 12:56 pm #4511219

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

The error message says that you have WPML plugin in your plugins folder.
You can not install a plugin if you already have it.

Do you see the WPML in you plugins backend? hidden link

Let me know.

Regards,
Riffaz.

September 4, 2019 at 3:18 pm #4512445

timK-4

Hello,

Yes, I see WPML in the plugins backend. How do I replace it with the new version?

Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it!

September 5, 2019 at 4:56 am #4515447

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Deactivate it.
Delete it. (deleting plugin will not delete your translations. translations are in database)
Now try to install the latest version of WPML.
You will be able to install.
Hopefully, this will help you to install the latest WPML.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,