This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.60 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I am trying to translate Instructions field in Direct Banking Transfer of Woocommerce settings

Solution: These strings are stored in the admin texts. I went to WPML -> String Translation -> Translate Strings in Admin texts and found the string and added it to the string translation table. You can now see it available for translation.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by peterV-75 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
August 23, 2018 at 8:26 am

ivanD-21

I am trying to: translate Instructions field in Direct Banking Transfer of Woocommerce settings

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: an option for transkation but there is no any and that field is not searchable.

Instead, I got: emty domain with no string for translation

August 23, 2018 at 4:32 pm #2670855

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

These strings are stored in the admin texts. I went to WPML -> String Translation -> Translate Strings in Admin texts and found the string and added it to the string translation table. You can now see it available for translation.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.

September 18, 2018 at 8:02 am #2743940

unaZ

Hello, I have the same problem, only there is no admin_texts_woocommerce_bacs_settings field in Translate string. How can I found this field?

July 20, 2019 at 4:17 pm #4250295

peterV-75

So for almost a year now have people been coming to this thread, to find out how to translate one of the really important texts on their websites.
I know lots of people are using plugins, but you claim to have a solution for translating woocommerce, so maybe put together a guide on how to translate all the text in the basic install.
I think this endless searching for basic stuff on help forums is what convinces a large number of people to migrate to the ever larger paid solution providers.

I apologise if I have missed a mention about this crucial step in some of your official guides.
But still, its hidden pretty well dont you think? (and without a search option, and since some of the categories are minimised even the browser search wont work. I mean...)