Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
December 6, 2019 at 3:06 pm #5084773

stefanS-102

When linking to Product Sub-categories in a post or page the translated links gets broken.

This only happens when the category is two steps down, for example:

hidden link gets translated correcty, translating the slug and putting the language code last to for example:
hidden link

If the category is two steps down:
hidden link

The auto translated urls breaks to:
hidden link

Putting the language code as the second parameter and the subcategory last, mixing it up.

December 10, 2019 at 1:50 pm #5100397

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

Would you please try recreating this issue on this sandbox? It has been preloaded and configured with WPML and Woocommerce. There is sample data with hierarchical/nested categories.

hidden link

I am not quite sure how and where you are creating the links that you are talking about.

Please do not upload any other plugins or themes. Just see if you are able to recreate the issue there.

Thanks!

December 11, 2019 at 1:06 am #5103671

stefanS-102

Your sandbox sites uses classical translation, not advanced, not possible to enable advanced for posts translation.

This happens after the advanced translation tool tried to translate the url automatically. After that it breaks and its not possible to correct the link even in the classical translation tool. Wpml stores the translation of that urls somewhere with the broken format. Link do not appear for translation in advanced mode.

December 11, 2019 at 7:17 am #5104103

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I´ve fixed this for you - the ATE is now enabled. Please try again and thanks for pointing out that this is an ATE related issue.

I wait for your update

The topic ‘[Closed] Internal links to Product subcategories breaks’ is closed to new replies.