This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by elenad-11 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
May 29, 2019 at 4:02 pm #3917209

elenad-11

I was having an issue with Internal Server Errors mostly on the English version of the website (Italian is the default language). 9 times out of ten I would get the server error. I dis-activated WPML and then the site went just fine. When I reactivated the errors returned. I've updated plugins and the issue returned.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
try one of these
hidden link or hidden link

the full error message:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator and inform them of the time the error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

May 30, 2019 at 2:03 am #3919369

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Before a more detailed look, please, try this basic troubleshooting:

1 - Make sure your server environment meets our minimum requirements as described at: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/, you can see your current values at your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Support > Info menu.

2 - Disable all the plugins except the WPML related ones from your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins and see if the issue is gone, if so, activate one plugin at a time untill the culprit one is found.

3 - If the issue persists, temporary change to a default WordPress theme such as the 'TwentySeventeen' theme from your WordPress Dashboard > Appearance > Themes menu.

IMPORTANT: Please, note, a backup is required for security reasons and to avoid any data loss, you can use the https://wordpress.org/plugins/backupwordpress/ plugin for these backup needs.

Please, let me know if the steps above help to fix your issue. Have a nice day.

May 31, 2019 at 10:39 am #3929913

elenad-11

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!