If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
October 15, 2019 at 7:46 am #4755151

lubomirC

Hi, our page bkch-advokati.cz works in default language, but when switching to /en it give 500 error - internal server error

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: web design like hidden link

Can you help me?

Lubomír

October 15, 2019 at 8:23 am #4755351

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

Here is the ticket - once you get the server logs and more information from the hosting support, let me know and paste these here, perhaps they will provide this some information on what is behind the scenes.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

October 15, 2019 at 11:05 am #4756471

lubomirC

Hi we have contacted hosting provider and they removed en from slug in htaccess... Now it works again but they site is corrupted... Check bkch-advokati.cz/en. Could you help us get it working?

October 15, 2019 at 11:33 am #4756625

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

In order to debug this issue further quickly, would you be willing to provide me with temporary WordPress admin username so I could investigate the issue directly?

It seems like that none of the CSS is loaded on that page.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Please make a full backup of your site before sharing this info!

I marked your next reply as private so that you can safely add credentials.

You can use plugins such as UpdraftPlus WordPress Backup Plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/) or ask your host to perform a site backup.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

October 15, 2019 at 12:54 pm #4757319

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

There is a credentials window (server side) before I am able to get to the login screen, can you provide credentials for that one as well?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

October 15, 2019 at 1:00 pm #4757349

lubomirC

I'm sorry, I forgot. Username and password for this security form are cms.

October 15, 2019 at 1:30 pm #4757551

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I am still seeing it and "bkchsupport" and provide password don't work. How do I pass this screen?

It happens upon entering hidden link.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

October 15, 2019 at 1:53 pm #4757799

lubomirC

As written above use "cms" as a login And password to get to wp-admin Page, then use credentials bkchsupport...

October 16, 2019 at 7:00 am #4762605

lubomirC

Hi,

did you login successfully?
I can still see that the page /en is corrupted.

October 16, 2019 at 7:21 am #4762795

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I don't think it will work - I think it is a compatibility issue with the theme. I tried everything that was at our disposal, to no avail. I also found this ticket:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/ark-theme-bulder-code-arround-the-text/

It seems like that the issues were present back then. Therefore, may I ask the following:
hidden link

Can you install your theme into this installation? This is a clean sandbox installation we use for compatibility testing purposes. Also, please configure WPML wizard, on the languages you use on the site.

After this, create a sample homepage (just a few elements will do) and translate it into the English language - let's see what happens. If we see the same issue here as well, I will escalate the case to our compatibility team for further debugging.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

October 18, 2019 at 5:55 am #4778683

lubomirC

It cant be a compatibility issue for many reasons - fisrt, if it was a compatibility issue, the whole site would be crashed, not just other than default languages ... second, we have the very same theme, wordpress version and wpml setting on other sites - check primeinvestice.com or autonapul.cz ... Any ideas how to solve it? The only thing that is different is hosting ... so we should maybe write something into the htaccess file or somewhere else, dont now, any ideas how to solve it? I can do the sandbox thing on Monday, I am on honeymoon and have only limited wifi and time ...

October 18, 2019 at 7:25 am #4778943

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I cannot know whether this isn't a compatibility issue because I don't have the site with the theme at my disposal, but I have no doubts when you say that it works on other sites. The reason I suspected this to be compatibility issue because even in a minimal environment, it is not working and I'm not able to get it working properly no matter what I do.

That's why I suggested to install this theme on our sandbox installation, because I don't see what else can be or what to try at this point.

Even though we test themes and plugins for compatibility, they also change frequently and can cause incompatibility issues.

Let me know once you install the theme to a sandbox and if works properly there, then I will create a Duplicator package out of your site and test it locally as this will then show us whether issue is really coming from server-side or something else, which I will ask our 2nd tier support then to check.

And enjoy the honeymoon, you should not be bothered with work while there :).

Regards,
Bruno Kos

October 30, 2019 at 12:43 pm #4855693

lubomirC

Hi, I am back and did some settings and realized, that when I use URL format as parameter, it works, but the bug is only when I use different directory ... any idea for solution? or should I still install everything into the sandbox?

October 30, 2019 at 1:38 pm #4856093

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I realized this:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/internal-server-error-when-switching-to-en/#post-4756471

Can you tell me what did the hosting support say about 500 error? Based on your answer, they removed some redirect rules in order to get this working, but we did not get definite answer on what is happening, what error logs said:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/internal-server-error-when-switching-to-en/#post-4756471

However, what is happening now? If you are experiencing error 500 again ( if you temporarily change the language URL format to the nonworking format, like directories), there must be something in the server logs showing up again.

Also, you mentioned that the site is corrupted when you change the language URL format to have directories - what does it mean? Can you show me some screenshots?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

October 30, 2019 at 1:44 pm #4856127

lubomirC

We no longer experience 500 error. But you are right, I will check that on hosting provider support ... I turned it back to directories, so you can check it bkch-advokati.cz vs bkch-advokati.cz/en