Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
October 30, 2019 at 2:01 pm #4856209

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

I tried another page as well - hidden link.

But no CSS is loaded at all, that seems to be the main reason behind broken pages, no CSS is loaded, only default browser and inline styles.

Can you do this?
hidden link

Just install the theme here and nothing else, I will then check how this works.

If it proves to be working properly there, can I ask you the following then? In order to debug this issue, I will install Duplicator plugin, will create packages and will try this on my localhost and possibly escalate further to 2nd tier.

https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Let me know if this is OK with you.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

October 30, 2019 at 2:23 pm #4856297

lubomirC

done

October 31, 2019 at 7:55 am #4860957

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

I think I was able to finally find what is the culprit - it is this performance plugin, Fresh Performance Cache - hidden link - or CSS or JavaScript minification.

I don't see problems with it on the sandbox though, so possibly something on your server caching, which possibly caches these requests too "hard", thus not loading any of this in the translated pages.

I suggest you resume working either with JavaScript and CSS minification disabled (these are known to create issues, not only with WPML) or disabling this caching plug-in altogether and use alternatives (perhaps W3 Total Cache https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/optimize-multilingual-website-performance-using-w3-total-cache/)

Regards,
Bruno Kos