This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
February 21, 2019 at 12:58 pm #3227496

marionR-7

Hi,

I'm setting up the skeleton of my personal website using Thrive Architect + WPML. I regularly get an "Internal Server Error + 500 ISE". I contacted SiteGround to help me increase the size of the memory, which they did (768M) + gave me the following feedback:

"even when I am using English version and checking any pager of yours like url:hidden link for example I see a lot of php errors on top."

For a language switcher bug which SiteGround was able to reproduce:

1) Go to Hebrew
2) Click the button, this is second to the left of the S icon on the main menu
3) Switch back to English

Could you check this out?

Thanks,
Marion

February 22, 2019 at 1:12 am #3230324

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

If possible please try the following

go to WPML->Languages-> switch the URL Format to "Language name added as a parameter " what are your results

also if possible i would like to review your error log

You can see how to enable debug logging here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Go in your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:
define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Edit your wp-config.php file and add these lines, just before it says 'stop editing here':

ini_set('log_errors',TRUE);
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');

This will create an error_log.txt file in your site's root directory. Please send me its contents.

The topic ‘[Closed] Internal Server Errors when using the language switcher’ is closed to new replies.