This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 3.61 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Please make sure to update to WPML to the latest and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
February 21, 2019 at 12:58 pm #3227496

marionR-7

Hi,

I'm setting up the skeleton of my personal website using Thrive Architect + WPML. I regularly get an "Internal Server Error + 500 ISE". I contacted SiteGround to help me increase the size of the memory, which they did (768M) + gave me the following feedback:

"even when I am using English version and checking any pager of yours like url:hidden link for example I see a lot of php errors on top."

For a language switcher bug which SiteGround was able to reproduce:

1) Go to Hebrew
2) Click the button, this is second to the left of the S icon on the main menu
3) Switch back to English

Could you check this out?

Thanks,
Marion

February 22, 2019 at 1:12 am #3230324

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

If possible please try the following

go to WPML->Languages-> switch the URL Format to "Language name added as a parameter " what are your results

also if possible i would like to review your error log

You can see how to enable debug logging here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Go in your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:
define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Edit your wp-config.php file and add these lines, just before it says 'stop editing here':

ini_set('log_errors',TRUE);
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');

This will create an error_log.txt file in your site's root directory. Please send me its contents.

The topic ‘[Closed] Internal Server Errors when using the language switcher’ is closed to new replies.