This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I cannot register my website because I'm getting the "invalid key" message.

Solution: Please make sure that you have all WPML related plugins up to date. If so, please delete the site key and create a new one.

If with the new site key you still getting the error, please report the issue on the support forum immediately because it may be a problem on our server and we would need to investigate the issue as soon as possible.

Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/faq/install-wpml/

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices.

Last updated by johnD-36 3 years, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Joanna.

Author Posts
July 12, 2016 at 12:46 pm #954021

ivanO-2

I am trying to: Get the site to recognise the WPML Key so it auto-updates the WPML plugins

URL of (my) website where problem appears: hidden link

I expected to see: The key be accepted

Instead, I got: "Invalid site key for the current site."

Steps to duplicate the issue: Get key from https://wpml.org/account/sites/, insert into appropriate field, view error.

Steps taken to correct issue: Regenerated key several times, each time inserting it into our site.

I also ran through this fix (https://wpml.org/forums/topic/site-key-invalid-2/), but again, no luck. I have since removed the php code from the functions.php file.

I have manually updated every WMPL plugin and attempted to run the code regeneration and re-insert it in the hope that this would fix the issue, but alas it does not.

Regards,

Graham

July 12, 2016 at 12:49 pm #954050

Kostas

Same problem here... i was about to start a new topic!

July 12, 2016 at 12:51 pm #954056

naomi

Also same problem.

July 12, 2016 at 1:42 pm #954187

Joanna

Hello @ivano-2,
hello @kostas, @naomi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

We are currently investigating this issue. I'll get back to you as soon as I have any updates. Thank you for your patience.

July 12, 2016 at 2:03 pm #954235

Joanna

Hello again,

We refactored the installer code in the latest WooCommerce Multilingual version and it turned out that it may temporarily cause your issue. Please delete the WooCommerce plugin (fully delete, not just deactivate), register the website and then install WooCommerce Multilingual again.

Could you please let me know if that helped?

Note that if that helps, it's just a temporary workaround and we are working on making things work without such plugin juggling as soon as possible.

July 12, 2016 at 2:24 pm #954274

ivanO-2

Hi Joanna,

I did as instructed and the issue persists. I also tried deleting and regenerating a site key, but this made no difference.

Regards,

Graham

July 12, 2016 at 2:56 pm #954330

ivanO-2

Ha, wait now, it's working now. Others should note, this was without the WooCommerce plugin reinstalled as it was no longer in use.

Thank you very much for your help Joanna

July 12, 2016 at 3:01 pm #954361

Joanna

Hello once again,

As @ivano-2 mentioned, everything should work now without the need to delete WooCommerce Multilingual.

July 12, 2016 at 3:09 pm #954440

naomi

Yes, thank you, it's working now!

June 7, 2018 at 12:07 pm #2395407

stefanB-39

I have the same problem. Generated a new key but it not work. I am not using WoCommerce.

October 10, 2018 at 1:27 pm #2804450

johnD-36

I'm having this problem. Installed the latest CSM, String translation, Media translation and Translation management plugins. No luck. Also deleted key on wpml site and generated a new one.
Any ideas?
J-D