This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Vincenzo 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Vincenzo.

Author Posts
May 4, 2019 at 11:25 am

Norbert Kocsis

Hi support!

We found a bug or fail in the multilangual system as for some product the inventory is different on different languages.
hidden link

While this product is able to buy on Hungarian (main) language, it is on 0 inventory on Romanian or German languages.

We use a custom inventory plugin (CMFX plugin) but it cannot write in the languages as languages doesn't have inventories so I dont think this is the problem.

I am trying to:
Ability to buy the same product on different languages.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
Item can be bought on Every languages

Instead, I got:
We are able to buy on hungarian and english but not able to add to cart on german and romanian.

Same problem for these products:

hidden link

hidden link

We dont know how much product has this effect at the moment.

Please help us immediately with this.
Please as this needs an update for the plugins do it properly.

Best Regards,
Norbert

May 4, 2019 at 1:56 pm #3740421

Vincenzo
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello Norbert, thank you for contacting WPML Support!
I will take care of your ticket.

From what I can see in the debug info, the site is not using the latest versions of many plugins, including WooCommerce and WPML with its add-ons.
You can check the latest released versions of our plugins under “My Account -> Downloads” on this site.
- https://wpml.org/account/downloads/
Instructions to update can be found here:
- https://wpml.org/faq/install-wpml/#automated-updates

I personally suggest updating everything in a staging version of the site and testing it before updating the production site.
❌ Before proceeding please make a full website backup! ❌

If after the updates, the stock is still not synchronized, try the following steps:

1. Try the troubleshooting procedure to sync the stock products.
- Go to WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual -> Status -> Troubleshooting page
- Select the "Sync product stock quantity and status..." box
- Press the "Start" button

2. Please verify if, when updating an original product, the stock in the translated versions is synchronized.
If that's the case, you can try performing a bulk update.
See the following articles about it:
- hidden link
- hidden link

Please let me know if this solves the issue or if you need further details.

Thank you

May 6, 2019 at 9:11 am #3746169

Norbert Kocsis

Bulk editing is not an option as this thing occurs on variables and bulk editing does not have access to variables.

Please as you see there is an update to your plugins I ask you to make the update properly as I did not get success updating it.
However your collegue has been updated on a stagint environment last time. I ask you to give us a time between and do the proper updating.

I did all of your suggest to get the stock ready on all languages with no luck.

Any other suggestions for the above bug?

May 6, 2019 at 11:57 am #3748071

Vincenzo
Supporter

Hello,

this issue is most probably solved in the updated versions of our plugins.

If you have issues updating our plugins, please open a specific ticket and we will help you.

Can you please tell me if you tried the steps on point number 1 of my previous answer?

About bulk editing, you don't need to edit anything, but just save all the products in bulk. That procedure is just needed to trigger the synchronization routines.

Thank you

May 6, 2019 at 1:49 pm #3749389

Norbert Kocsis

Sorry!

Yes I tried that! There were updatings left with quantity and it has been done successfully.

However there were no changes for that.

May 6, 2019 at 2:04 pm #3749559

Vincenzo
Supporter

Hello,

if I understand correctly, the procedure on point 1 did not synchronize the stock quantity of the translated versions.
Is that correct?

What happens if you open the original product and just click on "Update"?
- Is the stock quantity of the translated version synchronized?

Thank you

The topic ‘[Closed] inventory different on different languages’ is closed to new replies.