This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
January 28, 2019 at 2:48 pm #3136091

hooiC

I am trying to: when a buyer from Republic of Ireland enters their address and put their county for eg CORK . on the woocommerce order, you can see the county: CORK but when it is sent to shiptheory( a shipping label plugin) , it is changed to CO. We think its some strings we have not translated. how can we trace this string.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: this is performed on our live site.
I expected to see:

Instead, I got: county CORK was sent to shiptheory(third party software) as CO.

January 28, 2019 at 3:16 pm #3136220

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I will be glad to help with this.

Can you please provide an example of an order that has this issue ?
Can you also provide temporary access to your backend? Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup. I would like to access the admin area of your site for further checking. Please check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

hidden link

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

January 29, 2019 at 10:46 am #3139231

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

I have searched WPML->String Translation to find this string, but i am not sure if it will resolve this issue. See attached image. Would you translate it and test again.

If it did not help, i think we should try this hook provided by woocommerce.
https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/addmodify-states/

I am not sure how to implement it, as it is a live server, i don't think it is a good idea to test on it.

Let me know what you think.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

The topic ‘[Closed] Ireland county was abbreviated’ is closed to new replies.