This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

I want to have 3 repeater items for the same ACF field on the EN (Default) translation, but only 2 on NL, and 4 on FR.

Solution:

It is possible to achieve it by translating the pages or posts manually and not with WPML's Translation Editor. First, when you create the field group with the repeater field, add the most items (subfields) that you need. Then when you create the post in English only add the number of items that you need. And do the same for the translations but when editing them manually. For this, please see our documentation here.

Relevant Documentation:

https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-different-translation-editors-for-different-pages/

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by austinD-3 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
July 29, 2019 at 3:29 pm #4301445

austinD-3

I want to have 3 repeater items for the same ACF field on the EN (Default) translation, but only 2 on NL, and 4 on FR.

Is this possible?

July 29, 2019 at 4:34 pm #4301897

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

If I understand correctly what you are trying to achieve, then it is possible to achieve it by translating the pages or posts manually and not with WPML's Translation Editor. First, when you create the field group with the repeater field, add the most items (subfields) that you need. Then when you create the post in English only add the number of items that you need. And do the same for the translations but when editing them manually. For this, please see our documentation here.
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-different-translation-editors-for-different-pages/

Please let me know if this information is helpful to you.

Regards,
Itamar.

August 1, 2019 at 7:20 pm #4324903

austinD-3

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!