This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
May 30, 2019 at 7:01 am #3920837

hugyakA

Is it possible to move one language version to an another hosting company? I need to use different hosting provider for one languages, the another languages hosting will remain unchanges.

I found this article:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/can-i-use-different-hosting-companies-for-my-different-domains/
is it still actual?

Thank you!

May 30, 2019 at 3:56 pm #3924569

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

As my colleague, Lauren, mentioned in that ticket, there really is no way to host separate languages on separate hosting plans, because the domains for each of the languages should point to the same server in the end.

So practically the database where all the information is stored will still be hosted on the same hosting plan where you first created the site, it is only the WPML plugin that will use the domain-per-language settings that you set up to serve the content each language on different domains, but the content will be stored on one single server.

I hope that you will find this information helpful.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei