This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 4 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
June 13, 2019 at 4:30 pm #4015625

tiborA

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I have the following situation. My client is selling products worldwide, but also in Romania (the base country). For Romania I want the client to pay in our local currency, and for the rest of the countries worldwide in USD. Does WPML offer this?

Is there any documentation that you are following?

I found this link. But the payment gateway section is not very clear for me: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/multi-currency-support-woocommerce/

What is the link to your site?

It's not relevant.

June 13, 2019 at 10:27 pm #4017145

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi There ,

you are going to need to go to WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual-> Multi currency tab

then add the Romanian Leu as your secondary currency and enable it only for the Romanian Language and disable USD for Romanian as well

please review my screenshot

June 14, 2019 at 6:28 am #4018713

tiborA

Hello, and thanks for your reply. I understand that I can control how to display different currencies. But my question is not how to display the currency.

I will say it like this. If in Romanian language the user will see the price in LEU. At checkout is he able to pay in LEU, or only in USD? Note that I have bank accounts in both currencies.

June 14, 2019 at 5:18 pm #4023223

Bobby
Supporter

That is up to your payment processor supporting the currency. If for example Paypal supports the currency LEU then the user will be available to pay in LEU and not USD.

not if the payment processor is not supporting LEU , that is when the payment gateway option comes to play.

https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/multi-currency-support-woocommerce/#payment-gateways-settings

enables you to show the currency but at the end right before they pay it will use USD or whichever currency your processor supports (usually paypal)

so in short yes they will only see LEU unless Paypal for example does not support the currency

June 14, 2019 at 7:03 pm #4023817

tiborA

Hey, Bobby. Let’s get deeper into the process then :). On the english version everybody will pay with USD, inlcuding PayPal, so no problem there.

On the Romanian version everybody will see prices in LEU, and I want them to pay LEU at the checkout. My payment processor will support this currency, PayPal doesn’t, but I don’t want PayPal anyway in this version.

So, using WPML, at checkout, the clients from Romania will be able to go on with the local currency? Did I understand correctly?

Thanks!

June 14, 2019 at 7:27 pm #4023881

Bobby
Supporter

Correct, they should be able to do this.

if you want we can test it 🙂 , which payment processor are you planning on using ?

we can set up a Sandbox enviroment to test it where both of us have access or you can try setting it up right now on your site and let me know if you hit any roadblocks and i will take a closer look

For example let me walk you through the process i followed to set this up on a site with English, Greek and Romanian

EN and GR will use USD
Romanian will use LEU

0.5. Go to WC->WCML->Multicurrency and set your settings the way i have them in my screenshot
in the previous thread post

1. Add product and scroll down to set price , you will notice an area that says
Calculate prices in other currencies automatically ( Hide )
Set prices in other currencies manually

choose one and update/save the product.

2. translate the product (in my case i just duplicated it)
3. visit the product and notice that Both Greek and English have USD listed as their currency option and Romanian has LEU

hidden link

Now the only thing he have to verify is that your payment processor is selected correctly and it should work as expected

June 14, 2019 at 7:34 pm #4023885

tiborA

Thanks for your very fast reply! The payment processor is not a very famous one, so you probably don't know about it: hidden link

I will try to implement it using your previous replies, and if I encounter a problem I will get back for your help. It will probably happen next week, Wednesday. So until then thanks, and I of course will confirm also if it works 🙂

June 14, 2019 at 8:55 pm #4024173

Bobby
Supporter

Sounds good ! once ready just update me here and i will be notified.

It shouldnt close within a week but if the ticket does automatically close , feel free to open a new one and assign it directly to me

The topic ‘[Closed] Is it possible to pay in different currencies based on language at checkout?’ is closed to new replies.