This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I want to translate only my theme from English to Mongolian, not the site's content.

Solution: You would need to configure 2 languages (English and Mongolian), set the Mongolian as default language and then translate the theme via String Translation.

Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/theme-localization/

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by batmunkhB 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
August 20, 2019 at 11:00 am #4422955

batmunkhB

is it possible to set only one language
not two languages?

August 20, 2019 at 11:02 am #4423065

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

thanks for contacting us.

Since WPML is a plugin for translations, you should have at least a language you want to translate to. However, you are not obliged to use it, once you set it you can hide it.

August 20, 2019 at 11:08 am #4423079

batmunkhB

Thank you

I want to translate my theme from English to Mongolian.
I would like to show only Mongolian language in my theme, not showing language icon etc.
And how to hide English version and Mongolian language icon

August 20, 2019 at 3:52 pm #4425183

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

if you only need to translate the theme and not the content, then WPML is not the best tool for this.

But in any case, you would need to configure 2 languages (English and Mongolian), set the Mongolian as default language and then translate the theme via String Translation.
Please check our documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/theme-localization/

Let me know if this helps you or if you need further assistance.

August 21, 2019 at 12:56 am #4426871

batmunkhB

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!