This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by George Botsev 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: George Botsev.

Author Posts
August 15, 2019 at 9:14 am #4399829

joakimJ-3

Hi,

I'm trying to take a backup of safestep.se, but the plugin i'm using said that the row "_icl_string_pages" was to big. I read some about this and it should have been fixed in wpml 3.50, but I'm currently running wpml 4.2.7.1.

Is it safe to empy all the content in the row by pressing "empty" in php my admin?
Like this: hidden link

I have translated pages on the site, so I don't want any of my other content to be affected.

Thanks in advance,
Axel

August 15, 2019 at 9:52 am #4399983

George Botsev
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Sofia (GMT+03:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting us.
I would not recommend you to empty that table right now, as that may lead to increased performance penalty to your site as after you empty it, on the next request it will start to be re-populated once again.
If you do empty that table, the content of your site should not be affected as that table is used only for caching of strings.

You can exclude that table from your backups.
In example if you are using Updraft you can follow their guide here: hidden link

In the future releases of WPML and in our current beta, that table should not be needed and no longer used.
You can read about our latest beta and performance improvements here:
https://wpml.org/2019/08/wpml-4-3-beta-1-with-much-faster-string-translation/