Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Is there a way to delete more than 100 strings at 1 time?

Solution: 1) You can go to string translation and click on "show all results" 2) if this doesn't work there are no any options to select more than 100 strings at once. 3) The user mentioned that if you add &strings_per_page=1000 to the URL then this works.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
February 9, 2017 at 6:22 pm #1204497

nicod-4

I am trying to:
Delete more than 60.000 unwanted widget strings
URL of (my) website where problem appears:
hidden link
I expected to see:
A way to delete that many string at once instead of pressing show all results because than the website gives a blank screen.

February 10, 2017 at 8:00 am #1204787

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

Yes, you can click on display all results and delete those results, but since you have 60,000 strings the site will not display all results as for such amount of strings high resources will be needed. Other than this, there is no any option as such to delete those strings at all, you can try out MySQL commands and delete them from database, but if you are not known about database operations, this can harm your current data too, so you will need to know about the database tables first.

You can find more about our database tables here: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-tables/

Also, I would recommend you to backup your site completely before proceeding to performing these steps.

Thanks

February 10, 2017 at 11:28 am #1205027

nicod-4

Oke, thats to bad. A colleage of yours told me that he was deleting the widget strings without a translation, can you delete more than 100 at a time as support? or did he deleted also 100 strings at one time?

Thank you for the fast response

February 13, 2017 at 3:03 am #1206109

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

A colleague of yours told me that he was deleting the widget strings without a translation, can you delete more than 100 at a time as support? or did he deleted also 100 strings at one time?

To be honest, I have no idea at all, could you please let me know the ticket where this thing was mentioned, we also can delete only 100 strings at one time, so I request you to delete those strings 100 strings once or try the MySQL query method.

Thanks

February 20, 2017 at 1:26 pm #1212562

nicod-4

Sorry for answering so late, I managed to find a way. Add &strings_per_page=1000 to the end of the URL and it works.

Thank you for your assistance