Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
I would like to know if the auto translation tool works
1. across multisites
2. across different sites on the same WPML account

I would also like to know if the Glossary can be apply to multiple site in a multisite environment and/or is specific to one site

Solution:
Yes, you can use automatic translation on any subsite, and you can share automatic translation credits across subsites.

By sharing credits, you also share translation memory and glossary between sites as well.

Relevant Documentation:
Using automatic translation on multisites

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by martinC-2 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Andreas.

Author Posts
November 16, 2022 at 3:11 pm #12474447

martinC-2

I would like to know if the auto translation tool works
1. across multisites
2. across different sites on the same WPML account

I would also like to know if the Glossary can be apply to multiple site in a multisite environment and/or is specific to one site

If not, is there a way to export/import the glossary across a multisite environment and/or separate sites.

Is there a way to import glossary terms from deepl (our translation department is already using deepl for other tasks to our WPML driven site?

November 16, 2022 at 3:38 pm #12474781

Andreas

Hello there

Thank you for contacting us. I am happy to help you.

Right now it is not possible any of the above scenarios.

But there are plans to add support. I cannot give your more information about this at the current moment.

The only thing I can suggest , is to take a look in our announcement page for any news :

https://wpml.org/category/announcements/

Last but not least, I am sharing our documentation about the glossary in case you are missing something

https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/advanced-translation-editor/how-to-create-and-manage-glossary-entries/

I hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes or if you need any further assistance. I'll gladly help you. 🙂

Regards,
Andreas

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.