Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 1 year, 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
May 18, 2021 at 3:30 pm #8792797

sebastianH-44

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Is there any way to show the language according to the customer's ip address?

Is there any documentation that you are following?
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/geolocation-2/#post-918850

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

May 19, 2021 at 12:29 pm #8800047

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi there!

Our plugin doesn't support automatic language change based on the user's IP because every kind of IP redirection is not advisable as it will stop Search Engines when crawling secondary languages.

We, however, support automatic language change based on the user's browser settings and you can control that from WPML's settings panel.

You can find out more about that here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/automatic-redirect-based-on-browser-language/

I hope that you will find this information helpful! 🙂

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

May 19, 2021 at 12:48 pm #8800221

sebastianH-44

We are already using the browser language redirection but we are looking forward for geo targeting .
I already check many plugins. All of these plugins are not functional in cache mode .
Cache is important for us .
So,
If you suggest me any plugin or plugin with code or any other way .
Thanks

May 19, 2021 at 6:16 pm #8803033

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi there.

As much as I would love to be able to make a recommendation, I am not able to do that as I never used a plugin for that matter and I am not sure how that would play with WPML as we don't have this kind of functionality being part of our products code.

You can take a look at our existing tickets related to this topic and see what other colleagues answered in regards to this (I created the custom search URL below for you):
hidden link

My recommendation is to look at the more recent tickets (1-2-3 years old max).

Kind regards,
Mihai