This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: issue – after updating 4.0.7 – see screenshot

Solution:go to WPML ->String Translation -> filter by "Wählen Sie Strings innerhalb der Domain aus" and select -> any domain related to "YITH WooCommerce Badge Management Premium" (in the test enviroment there were about 3) , bulk select the strings and then delete them.

removing them completely will also remove the fatal error from the front end related to the specific plugin.

Relevant Documentation:

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by davidK-23 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
October 19, 2018 at 10:49 am #2831650

davidK-23

I am trying to: solve database issue

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: not currently as enabling WPML Multilingual CMS crashed the site

Instead, I got: pls see screenshot

October 20, 2018 at 12:24 am #2833235

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

I would need to see the detail of the error log. You can see how to enable debug logging here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Go in your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:
define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Edit your wp-config.php file and add these lines, just before it says 'stop editing here':

ini_set('log_errors',TRUE);
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');

This will create an error_log.txt file in your site's root directory. Please send me its contents.

October 22, 2018 at 10:09 am #2837529

davidK-23

hi bobby

thanks for your message. i attached you content of errorlog.

i would also like to ask how i can set this topic to private as this contains sensitive customer details which i dont want to have in public.

thanks
david

October 22, 2018 at 7:01 pm #2839563

Bobby
Supporter

Hi David,

i have removed the sensitive information shared above , unfortunately we cannot set the entire thread to private but i can remove sensitive information.

it seems that all these errors are Database errors for duplicate entries.

1. if possible please remove your current version of WPML and upload our latest version.
-=> is the issue still present when you activate the new version of WPML ?

2. What are your results if you deactivate WPML String Translation and then activate WPML ?

if both of the above steps fails i would like to take a closer look if possible

**Before we proceed I recommend to please take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website.**
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to fix the issue.
(preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible)

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Thank you,
Bobby

October 23, 2018 at 9:00 pm #2844090

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

thank you for the access details !

the notice in your backend was resoled by removing the NULL string from within the database

and also the front end Fatal Error you are seeing is due to your plugin

"YITH WooCommerce Badge Management Premium"

the plugin had some NULL values within the database as well from what i could see within the fatal error therefore removing the entries from the database resolved the issue.

this can also be done by removing the plugins entries within WPML->String Translation.

October 24, 2018 at 9:44 am #2845623

davidK-23

hi bobby

THANK YOU!

i just tried to make the changes in string translation on live site - but i cannot find any NULL or something like that. how can i find and identify the strings i have to edit ?

thanks,
david

October 24, 2018 at 7:00 pm #2847704

Bobby
Supporter

Hi There,

please try the following..

go to WPML ->String Translation -> filter by "Wählen Sie Strings innerhalb der Domain aus" and select -> any domain related to "YITH WooCommerce Badge Management Premium" (in the test enviroment there were about 3) , bulk select the strings and then delete them.

removing them completely will also remove the fatal error from the front end related to the specific plugin.

let me know your results

if you are having trouble resolving this please let me know and i can replicate the steps on your live site, of course just take a backup before i do so.

October 25, 2018 at 8:41 am #2849059

davidK-23

hi bobby

thanks so much for your help - that worked very well.

would you pls delete the 2 screenshots in my first post ?

thanks again,
david

October 25, 2018 at 8:28 pm #2851056

Bobby
Supporter

they should be removed now

October 29, 2018 at 8:02 am #2857062

davidK-23

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!