This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jakobE-2 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
July 5, 2019 at 9:37 am #4149749

jakobE-2

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I've create a set of complex field groups in ACF to make a layout builder, which consists of different layouts, which clone a "Flexible Content Layout Builder" that again consists of cloned Elements, so a lot of nested work.

I've followed a lot of guides on your support forum but non have helped so far. Some of the fields are translated but those are usually the ones which isn't part of the "complex flexible content layout builder".

I can often see the field elements that needs to be translated in the translation editor (advanced) but nothing shows up on the front-end, only some of the fields does. It is like the ACF fields (Flexible Content, Repeater, Cloned) aren't longer "attached" to the new translated post.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
Mainly this doc: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/

and a lot of entries in your support forum.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
I can export everything if you need but right now it is only local development

What is the link to your site?
Most work is done localhost but I've set up a test-site for your to check, at:
hidden link
I can provide login information in private message

July 8, 2019 at 7:04 am #4159395

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

I will help you with your issue.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your test site to take a better look at the issue. Could you please indicate me how to replicate this behaviour?

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Kind regards
Raja

July 15, 2019 at 6:51 am #4207503

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

I have checked your site in detail, Most of the fields have a translation preference as "Don't Translate" option and hence you are not able to see the fields for translation. The fields that are already available for translation are those fields set to "translate" option in the translation preference.

I have set the Editor field in Layout section to translate and updated the post the field is available for translation in the translation editor (screenshot attached)

Please set the fields to translate from Custom Fields > Field group, refer to the documentation to set the fields to translate https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/#setting-the-translation-preference-for-simple-fields

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

kind regards
Raja

July 24, 2019 at 7:27 am #4270991

jakobE-2

Dear Raja,

It doesn't solve my entire problem.
I can now see the translations for the fields but when I view my page it doesn't show up anything.
It seems like the translator "filters" out some of my ACF fields which is necessary to build up the layout.