This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
February 20, 2019 at 5:24 pm

florentS-6

Hello,

Whad do I do?
I am using elementor to customize the post categories.

I go to : template > archives > I create an archive > I select the conditions for my archive to be displayed. Nexr I I translate it with WPML for the french version

Please check this example of categorie : hidden link

Whats my issue?
I am going to try to explain it clearly.
A few days ago, I realised that my archives didn't work any more on the french version.
The category page is displayed like this: hidden link . This is wrong; we should see the same design as the english version.

To fix it, I go to any french archive; and I apply the display conditions again. This fixes all my french categories in one shot. ISSUE : The same issue appears on english categories. When I try to apply the same solution on english categories: THE ISSUE IS BACK WITH FRENCH CATEGORIES. When I try to fix it again: the issue is back with english categories.. and so on.... please check and advise

Thanks
Florent

February 21, 2019 at 7:13 am #3225175

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi Florent,

Welcome to our forum,

I can see the issue in your site, Before we proceed with detailed investigating i would request you to update WPML and its add-ons to the latest version. The latest version is 4.2.1.

I have also noticed that you are not using the WPML String translation plugin which is required for sites using page builders and to the translate theme options. Is there any reason for you not using String translation plugin.

Before you proceed to update It is highly recommended to backup your site and database

Please go to Plugins > Add New > Commercial Tab, Select the plugins WPML Multilingual cms, String translation, Translation Management. and hit the download button make sure the option Activate after download is selected. Once the process is complete check whether the issue can be reproduced.

Let me know the results.

Kind regards,
Raja

February 23, 2019 at 1:39 pm #3235279

florentS-6

hi

yes this issue is solved when i activate WPML String translation. But I have another issue when this plug-in (string translation) is activated: i get the message "500 internal server error" when I try to edit a post with elementor (please check screenshot). This is why i had deactivated this plugin

Please help me with this, i have already spent so much time troubleshooting WPML issues, it's becoming a nightmare.

Best,

February 23, 2019 at 2:01 pm #3235298

florentS-6

i am restoring an older version of my websites. I will let you now when you can check, thanks!

February 25, 2019 at 1:23 pm #3239996

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi,

500 error can be due to various reasons, It would be good if you can provide me with the WordPress debug.log (not WPML debug information).

To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

content/ directory.

If you can paste your debug.log to pastebin.com and provide me that link it would be great! (This is the cleanest way because sometimes the logs are long and create a complete mess in the discussion).

Kind regards
Raja

April 1, 2019 at 11:44 am #3507475

florentS-6

Hi

The 500 error is always coming back. Please find below the requested information and advise

many thanks

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function icl_get_string_id() in /wpcom-28552450/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/url-handling/class-wpml-enpoints-support.php:107
Stack trace:
#0 /wpcom-28552450/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/url-handling/class-wpml-enpoints-support.php(90): WPML_Endpoints_Support->register_endpoint_string('amp', 'amp')
#1 /wpcom-28552450/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/url-handling/class-wpml-enpoints-support.php(129): WPML_Endpoints_Support->get_endpoint_translation('amp', 'amp')
#2 /wordpress/core/5.1.1/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(288): WPML_Endpoints_Support->translate_endpoints_in_rewrite_rules(Array)
#3 /wordpress/core/5.1.1/wp-includes/plugin.php(208): WP_Hook->apply_filters(Array, Array)
#4 /wordpress/core/5.1.1/wp-includes/option.php(152): apply_filters('option_rewrite_...', Array, 'rewrite_rules')
#5 /wordpress/core/5.1.1/wp-includes/class-wp-rewrite.php(1461): get_option('rewrite

April 1, 2019 at 12:49 pm #3508149

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Please update the WPML plugin to the latest version 4.2.4.1 , Also update the string translation and translation management to the latest version.

if that does not help please share a snapshot/duplicator package of your site, You can use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose. See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

You can share the package URL with us, I have enabled the private reply to you to securely share the details.

Kind regards
Raja

April 4, 2019 at 11:18 am #3534277

florentS-6

Hi,

Duplicator is not compatible with my host.
I created a back up with jetpack. can I send it here? what´s the best way to send it?

I don't see any automated update available on my wordpress dashboard.
Can I update wpml manually? I must deactivate and delete the old version right? Can I do it from the dashboard (I have no ftp access)? You confirm that I won´t lose my posts and data ?

thanks

April 4, 2019 at 12:46 pm #3534977

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi Florent,

You can send the jetpack backup, Please archive the backup and upload it to g-drive or dropbox and share the link with us. I have enabled the private reply for you to securely share your site.

Regarding the update. Please Activate WPML and go to Dashboard > Updates, click on the "Check Again" button. Let me know if you can get the update notice for the WPML plugin.

You can also update the plugin from Plugins > Add new > Commercial tab

Kind regards
Raja

The topic ‘[Closed] Issue with archive templates (Elementor)’ is closed to new replies.