Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Diego Pereira 4 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
April 15, 2019 at 10:04 am

christian-n.K

I am trying to:

Hello!

I have issues regarding custom fonts on translated sites. I am using the Astra Pro theme on the website instax.dk and instax.no with a custom font Brandon Regular. The font works perfect on the main site (instax.dk) however, it does not show the correct font in the header (menus) or in the footer of the translated page (instax.no)

I have attached screenshots showing the error

FaillingCustomFont.PNG
FaillingCustomFont2.PNG
WorkingCustomeFont.PNG
WorkingCustomFont2.PNG
April 15, 2019 at 7:57 pm #3616259

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @christian-n.K, welcome to the WPML support Forum!

I think it's related to the different domains per language. If the source domain of the font is different of the domain of the page, it may not work.

Could you send us more information on how you adding the custom font to your website? it's through a theme option, plugin or custom code? if possible, please send us some screenshots.

All the best,
Diego

April 22, 2019 at 8:59 am #3654675

christian-n.K

Hello Diego,

Apologise for the late answer.

I am using a "Custom Font" feature through the Astra Pro Theme.

Capture.PNG
AstraCustomFont.PNG
April 23, 2019 at 12:50 pm #3663993

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi there,

Thank you. It seems that the SRC attribute of the font is missing on the translation (see screenshot).

On your screenshot, I see that you added the font with "Dansk" selected on the language switcher at the top admin bar. Could you please select "All Languages" on the language switcher then try to upload again?

If the issue persist after that, please send a message to the Astra support to check, sometimes they already have a fix for this issue. If not, please let us know and we will further debug.

Kind regards,
Diego

s21.png
s22.png
April 24, 2019 at 8:11 am #3670165

christian-n.K

Hi Diego,

It does not appear that I can upload for all languages, please see attached screenshot.

I reached out to Astra as well and they believe its WPML thats causing it.

As the Brandon Font should be the only font in use on the site, is there other ways to add them besides using a plugin which may or may not cause problems?

Best regards,
Mads

CustomFonts.PNG
April 25, 2019 at 11:17 am #3681637

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hi there,

yes, It's possible to add the font manually. Please check this page: hidden link (See "Adding Custom Fonts in WordPress Using CSS3 @font-face" section).

Please let me know if it works for you or if you need more help.

Kind regards,
Diego

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.