This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.18 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:WordPress database error Table 'db_name.wp_icl_string_packages' doesn't exist

Solution:I instealled and activated Translation Management and the issue seems to have been resolved

The table wp_icl_string_packages is created when WPML Translation management is installed and activated for the first time on the site

Relevant Documentation:

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by The J 2 years ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
October 6, 2017 at 6:28 pm #1394069

The J

I keep getting these errors:

[06-Oct-2017 14:17:52 UTC] WordPress database error Table 'db_name.wp_icl_string_packages' doesn't exist for query SELECT s.ID
FROM wp_icl_string_packages s
WHERE s.kind='Page Builder ShortCode Strings' AND s.name='2155' AND s.title='Page Builder Page 2155' AND s.post_id='2155' made by shutdown_action_hook, do_action('shutdown'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, WPML_PB_Integration->do_shutdown_action, WPML_PB_Integration->register_all_strings_for_translation, WPML_PB_Shortcode_Strategy->register_strings, WPML_PB_Register_Shortcodes->register_shortcode_strings, WPML_PB_Reuse_Translations->find_and_reuse, WPML_PB_Shortcode_Strategy->get_package_strings, WPML_PB_String_Translation->get_package_strings, WPML_PB_String_Translation->get_package_id

The site doesnt use Page Builder and never has, so Im not sure what it's looking for.
Any advice on how to fix this??

Thank you

October 6, 2017 at 10:22 pm #1394240

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support,

Your database seems to be missing the icl_string_packages database table.

Please follow the steps shown in the errata here to re create all your strings database tables.

note : Please do take a full database and site backup before doing any changes.

-> https://wpml.org/errata/missing-_icl_strings-_icl_string_translations-data-tables/

October 9, 2017 at 12:14 pm #1395290

The J

I have already translated too many string to delete them now.
The String Translation page looks fine, I just get that error in the log.
Will the reactivation of the plugin and recreation of tables drop all current WPML tables and recreate them?
Cant I just create that single table?

October 9, 2017 at 12:34 pm #1395322

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

The script is only going to re create only the database tables that are missing and not drop the ones that are existing already.

Before performing the script can you please test the following first.

Install and activate the latest version of WPML Translation Management if its not already installed on your site.

October 9, 2017 at 1:15 pm #1395391

The J

I instealled and activated Translation Management and the issue seems to have been resolved. I have disabled it, since I dont use it, and issue seems gone for good.
Does the plugin create missing tables too? or?