This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by staceyM 1 year, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
April 20, 2018 at 6:52 pm #1732183

staceyM

I am trying to: switch languages in the language switcher for a translated recurring event in Events Calendar Pro. You can see the language switcher shows that there is a translation in German for the event, but the URL for the German language switcher link is the same as the en URL. You can manually go to the German URL (hidden link) and see the same thing with the English language switcher link. It's now the German URL instead of the English URL.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: The German URL in the language switcher.

Instead, I got: The English URL in the language switcher.

April 24, 2018 at 8:36 am #1782511

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues. Sorry for the delay in answering.

Are you only having the issue with this Event? Please create & translate a new event for testing and check the bug is existing or not.

Please try the following steps after a site backup and check the issue is existing now.

1) Go to WPML>>Support page
2) Click on Troubleshooting link (blue link at the bottom of page)
3) In Troubleshooting page, please click on the following options of *Clean up* section. Wait for confirmation of processing after each one.

- Clear the cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Set language information
- Assign translation status to duplicated content
- Fix terms count
- Fix post type assignment

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 25, 2018 at 5:16 pm #1816358

staceyM

Hi Bigul,

Thanks very much for your reply! We are having the issue with all recurring events. Here is another example: hidden link

I tried all of the Clean Up tasks and the issue still remains. Please let me know what else we can do.

Thanks!

April 26, 2018 at 12:52 pm #1835392

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Please make sure you are following steps described in the following tutorials.

hidden link

hidden link

hidden link

Maybe you are facing this issue because of compatibility issues. So to make sure if possible, please do the following steps.

a) Backup your site first
b) Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like 2017
c) Deactivate all the plugins that are not related to WPML
d) If the issue is gone, activate one by one to see with which one there is an interaction issue

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 30, 2018 at 8:02 pm #1904844

staceyM

Hi Bigul,

Thanks again for your response! I've create a staging instance of our website and followed all of your steps again and the issue is still there.

I have a recurring English event (hidden link - that has been translated in German (hidden link), but if you notice in the language switcher it does not return the correct URL. I re-added the language switcher fresh after reverting to Twenty Seventeen and deactivating all unnecessary plugins (leaving only the Events Calendar and WPML). So as you can see it appears there is something not working correctly.

Please let me know what else we can try or if you'd like access to the staging version of the website.

Thanks!
- Jonah

May 1, 2018 at 5:32 pm #1916124

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Jonah,

Thank you for the details. Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup. I would like to access admin area of your site for further checking. Please check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

hidden link

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 2, 2018 at 3:07 pm #1937027

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Jonah,

Thank you for the login information. I can replicate the issue on your site and the bug is existing after my tests. So please allow me to make a duplicator copy of your site using Duplicator plugin(https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) for debugging the issue on my local server.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 2, 2018 at 3:12 pm #1937106

staceyM

Hi Bigul,

Yes, please go right ahead!

May 2, 2018 at 5:56 pm #1940502

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Jonah,

Thank you for the permission. I made a duplicator package of the site now. Will debug it further and get back to you soon. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 3, 2018 at 4:51 pm #1963457

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Jonah,

The bug is existing in my local copy after the initial debugging procedures. Therefore I will try to reproduce the issue in a fresh installation and also check it with our team. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 3, 2018 at 7:52 pm #1965749

staceyM

Hi Bigul,

Sounds good and thank you!

- Jonah

May 4, 2018 at 5:46 pm #1979823

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Jonah,

For your kind updates, the bug is existing after primary investigation procedures and we can reproduce the issue in a fresh installation. Therefore I have escalated the ticket to our compatibility for further debugging.

We will try to get back to you as soon as possible. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 15, 2018 at 9:23 pm #2147987

staceyM

Hi Bigul,

Just checking in on this. Any update?

Thanks,
Jonah

May 16, 2018 at 4:01 am #2149460

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Jonah,

For your kind updates, our compatibility team is still working on this issue. But right now we don't have exact ETA required for the fix. I will get back to you soon when we have an update from our developers. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 21, 2018 at 3:15 pm #2202363

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Jonah,

For your kind information, we have a workaround to fix this issue. Please add the following code in *functions.php* of your theme after a site backup. Then make sure the bug is existing or not.

add_filter( 'tribe_events_pro_recurring_event_permalinks', function( $url ) {
	return apply_filters( 'wpml_permalink', $url );
} );

This fix is working as expected in our local copies. Please let me know your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul