This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
May 11, 2017 at 3:39 pm #1274058

Eddy Miranda

Ok so i have a couple of things happening that i need help with.

1. is with gravity forms. I have several forms and I'm specifically trying to translate 3 of them for this site. One of those forms doesnt seem to appear in the string translation section. how can i have this come out and complete the translation on the last form.

2. I'm using Massive Dynamics as the theme and they have a mailchimp newsletter sign up shortcode. but in that form i cant change the fields that say name and email address. can you lead me in the right direction?

3. The footer on the theme is another issue i see as well. i cant seem to find that in the String Translation section as well.

May 12, 2017 at 1:28 pm #1274890

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Hi, and thanks for contacting our support forum.

For GF forms, could you please make sure that you are following this document: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/gravity-forms-multilingual/ for translating your form, and let me know if it helps you.

For the other issues: I kindly ask you please to open a new ticket for your new question? This will also help other users with similar problems find solutions when searching the forum.

Best Regards.

May 16, 2017 at 12:20 am #1276708

Eddy Miranda

i have every single last plugin installed and I'm following the directions for gravity forms, but then i go select the type in your instructions gravity forms does not appear.

May 16, 2017 at 3:08 pm #1277411

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi, and thanks for your reply.

Could you please provide me with temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site in order to provide a better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

+ Please make sure that you have a full backup of your website and database. (Please don't ignore this)!
+ It'd be great if you give me an access for a test site where the problem is replicated.

Best Regards.

May 16, 2017 at 4:15 pm #1277493

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi,

First, let's ensure some basic steps:

Go to WPML -> Theme and plugins localization -> Select how to localize the theme, be sure that you select "Translate the theme and plugins using WPML's String Translation and load .mo files as backup" and click "save".

For scanning your theme, navigate to "Strings in the theme" at the same page, select "Load translations if found in the .mo files. (it will not override existing translations)" and click "Scan the theme for strings".

For scanning your plugins, navigate to "Strings in the plugins" at the same page, select the plugins you want it to be scanned, select " Load translations if found in the .mo files. (it will not override existing translations)" and click "Scan the selected plugins for strings".

Note: it will scan strings which hard coded using gettext functions in the theme or the plugin https://wpml.org/faq/getting-string-translation-to-work/

Then go to WPML -> String translation, and be sure that all your strings are translated.

Please let me know if that helps you.
Best Regards.