This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
July 9, 2019 at 9:21 am #4168935

maartenH-13

Dear support,

We are using the SDL-WPML integration and received the following question from SDL regarding mapping of ISO codes:

"I have just reviewed the language mapping issues/setup with Sander and believe this may be something you need to raise to WPML to have setup on your account. The language codes on the SDL side are zh-cn and no-no, and we have mapped these correctly in the ISO Code and Hreflang fields in the WPML Languages table in WordPress.

I suspect WPML also need to map something on their servers, under the WPML account, to ensure that same mapping is applied.

Could you contact them for confirmation of this, and let me know if any questions or issues?"

July 9, 2019 at 11:45 am #4170299

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

I will assist you with your issue.

I' m trying to understand the issue, It seems like you have created a custom language with zh-cn and no-no as language codes which SDL had mapped with their service, However, I don't get the second part

"we have mapped these correctly in the ISO Code and Hreflang fields in the WPML Languages table in WordPress" Can you please clarify what exactly has been done in WPML languages table?

WPML doesn't deliver any settings from any server, WPML is a standalone plugin runs on your site any interaction between SDL and WPML plugin is direct and there is no WPML server involved.

I am not exactly clear about the request what kind of mapping needs to be done.

Please let me know more details I would be happy to help to better.

Kind regards
Raja

July 11, 2019 at 9:33 am #4187955

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi there,

Please ignore my previous message, I beg your pardon for misinformation from my side.

I have checked with the translation service experts and requested to add the ISO mapping. It seems The mapping will be added to our translation service servers. I will let you once I receive an update from them

Kind regards
Raja

Kind regards
Raja

July 17, 2019 at 6:11 am #4226061

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Please share the site URL to which the ISO codes need to be mapped.

Kind regards
Raja

The topic ‘[Closed] Issue with ISO code mapping SDL’ is closed to new replies.